The end of the month is becoming the goal line for a lot of key recruiting battles for Georgia and its 2021 recruiting effort. Dallas Turner tweeted out today that DawgNation needed to go ahead and add his name to that list of key dates coming up, too.
The elite pass rush target shared word he will make his college decision known on the first day of July.
His finalists are Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Michigan and Oklahoma. Why is he ready?
“I feel like I needed to see all the things I needed to see from the schools I’m interested in and its.just the right time,” he told DawgNation on Tuesday.
— Dallas Turner (@UnoErra) June 23, 2020
The All-American Bowl commitment ranks as the nation’s No. 2 weak-side DE prospect and the No. 44 overall prospect for the 2021 cycle on the 247Sports Composite rankings.
Turner was named the Florida Sun-Sentinel’s Broward County Class 1A-5A Defensive Player of the Year after his 2019 season. He finished with 74 tackles and 15 sacks as a junior.
The 6-foot-4, 230-pound senior has frequently publicly stated that Alabama and Georgia have been his top two schools. The Crimson Tide have held the slightest of edges in that head-to-head comparison.
“They are just the best schools that fit me,” he said back in May.
“Alabama is slightly ahead of Georgia,” Turner said. “They are very similar but numbers don’t lie in the amount of championships and draftees.”
It seems like this is a trophy case and NFL pipeline lead for the Tide. When asked if he could put his finger on anything else why the Tide is slightly ahead, he gave an honest answer.
“Nothing in particular,” he said.
Turner has been one of the “top targets” for 2021 on DawgNation’s weekly “Before the Hedges” program since the debut of the 2021 chart after National Signing Day for the 2020 class back in February.
Check out his junior film below.
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Checking in on the four biggest Georgia football recruiting storylines at this time
- Why Malcolm “The Jet” Johnson Jr. and his 10.38 speed is giving UGA a good look
- Georgia RB commit Lovasea’ Carroll shuts down all talk of a Florida flip
- Tony Grimes: The nation’s No. 1 CB prospect rapidly moves up his decision date
- 5-star ATH James Williams changes things up a bit with his new top 2
- WATCH: The Chaz Chambliss edit that caught everyone’s attention this week
- Tony Grimes: It appears a decision has been made on his potential reclassification
- Derrick LeBlanc: Georgia extends “dream school” offer to a sophomore with elite size
- HEDGES: Who’s the best QB on the board in the class of 2022?
- MJ Morris: New Georgia coordinator Todd Monken has made him a priority
- WATCH: Georgia commit Chaz Chambliss shows he has a bright future at OLB