ATHENS — UGA recruiting pulled out a lot of stops for a G-Day that had to go off with a closed west end zone. The thinking was to make sure the boys were impressed.
Well, they were. Clearly.
All any observer had to do was look around and see all the nice touches. The big smiles. The selfies upon selfies and Snapchat traffic.
The vantage point from where all the recruits got to check out the DawgWalk somehow felt right even though all the construction placed it on an entirely differently labyrinth of steps and twists on the route to Sanford Stadium.
Did you see the lanyards the recruits wore? They had “Rose Bowl Champions” emblazoned on them.
Forgive the crowd if they missed it, though. They might have been distracted by all the stars.
The recruits on hand were another impressive max lift for the recruiting muscle of the program, which finished the 2018 cycle with the nation’s top-ranked class.
They were a part of the second-largest G-Day crowd and the largest spring game crowd for the SEC this spring.
- The nation’s No. 1 wide receiver Jadon Haselwood (A UGA commit)
- …and the nation’s No. 5 overall prospect Nolan Smith (A UGA commit)
- …and the nation’s No. 1 running back Trey Sanders (undecided)
- …plus the nation’s No. 1 center Clay Webb (undecided)
- ..and the nation’s No. 2 WR Dominick Blaylock (another UGA commit)
- …and the nation’s No. 3 defensive tackle Travon Walker (undecided)
- That’s five of the nation’s top 11 prospects for 2019.
- Georgia also hosted the nation’s No. 1 overall prospect for 2020 in 5-star Bryan Bresee.
Check out the pictures from Saturday between the hedges in Sanford Stadium.