When Jordan James told DawgNation recently his decision was coming soon and at “any day” recently, he wasn’t kidding.
The prized RB prospect from Oakland High School in Tennessee tweeted this out about two weeks ago.
— Jordan (@JordanJames24) March 17, 2021
James said that his commitment could come “any day” after he dropped that tweet. He had long maintained that Georgia was his outright leader throughout his recruitment dating back to his junior season.
To be exact, it was 15 days. To be exact, he did not find a new top school when he made his commitment known early Monday afternoon.
Georgia’s red-hot recruiting class now gains the services of the nation’s No. 17 RB in Jordan James. He ranks on the 247Sports Composite rankings standard as the nation’s No. 179 overall prospect for 2022.
Ohio State leads all college programs with its 240.87 overall class calculation on the composite with 11 commits. With the decision made on Monday by James, the Bulldogs are now coming up strong with a 235.5 value on that same scale.
James shared his decision on Monday morning from his Twitter account.
— Jordan (@JordanJames24) March 29, 2021
He had said that when visits were restored when the NCAA finally lifted the dead period, his first trip would be to check out Athens.
“They are at the top of my list as of now,” James said earlier this year. “I feel like I owe it to them to visit them first since they have taken the time to build relationships with me and to get to know me.”
Jordan James: Why UGA was his top school for some time
He was offered by UGA back in May of 2020. Georgia running backs coach Dell McGee had built a strong relationship ever since.
Why has the 5-foot-10, 195-pound rising senior long favored Georgia?
“I like Dell McGee a lot,” James said. “I like how he develops running backs. You can look at his background. He develops great running backs. He makes running backs great. He gives them that extra extra push so I like that. He tells me I am a priority and lets me know I’m wanted. He lets me know I can do many different things and be successful at the University of Georgia.”
The Oakland High star put up some gaudy stats as a junior last fall. James had 182 carries for 1,752 yards and took those plays to the house for 26 TDs.
It was a robust 9.6 yards per attempt with a long gain of 80 yards.
That included 10 times in which he cracked the 100-yard mark in his 13 games. James also excelled when given the chance to catch the football. He had a 90-yard reception which boosted his totals to eight catches for 180 yards.
That’s a gaudy 22.5 yards per catch average. It seems fitting to mention that James can house the football as a receiver, too. That’s part of the new Georgia model at the position.
James becomes the 11th commitment for the Bulldogs as they open up the distance from LSU in having the nation’s No. 2 recruiting class for the 2022 cycle. He’s now the second offensive commitment on the board for 2022. He’s joining 5-star QB Gunner Stockton in the class.
He is also now the third-out-of-state commitment for Georgia in this 2022 class. He is seen as one of two RBs that Georgia will hope to sign in 2022. Branson Robinson, a 4-star RB from Mississippi, is now clearly seen as the remaining priority target for UGA in this class.
McGee had to be pleased by the move made by James. He tweeted out his go-to #EndZoneStalkers video after James dropped his news.
— Dell McGee (@DellMcGee) March 29, 2021
Check out the 2020 junior highlight film for James below.
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- WATCH: Jalon Walker breaks down Glenn Schumann’s “drip” and why he chose UGA
- BREAKING: All-American LB Jalon Walker has made his college decision
- BREAKING: Priority 5-star ATH Malaki Starks has made his college decision
- AJ Harris: Guided by his faith, elite CB AJ Harris will not slow play his decision
- Nation’s No. 1 DT Walter Nolen already says UGA will get an official visit
- Under Armour camp: The 11 quick-as-a-hiccup updates for UGA recruiting
- Malaki Starks breaks down his pending Alabama, Clemson or UGA decision
- Kayin Lee: Elite DB prospect breaks down a “dream school” offer from UGA
- Huge recruiting weekend for official visitors lining up for UGA in June
- Tony Mitchell: Nation’s No. 1 CB for 2023 has felt that “home” feeling about UGA
- Nation’s No.1 RB Branson Robinson shares his deep connections to UGA
- De’Nylon Morrissette: Why the elite WR was ready to commit and might still be able to
- Georgia commit Pearce Spurlin III breaks down slick catch and two-sport potential
- Priority target? Gunner Stockton thinks Oscar Delp would be a good roommate
- Jordan Allen: Why “Lockdown” still keeps his UGA offer as his pinned tweet
- Why did All-American Jalon Walker say “oh yeah” while discussing UGA in his top 6?
- Priority OL target Tyler Booker is pumped about UGA adding Gunner Stockton
- Malaki Starks: A DawgNation Sunday read on a vital UGA recruiting target
- 4-star Tennessee RB Jordan James hits the hole hard on why UGA is his top school
- Amarius Mims: The legacy he left behind on Georgia high school football
- WATCH: 2021 signee Dylan Fairchild wins the 7A state heavyweight wrestling title
- Tre’Quon Fegans: Why Georgia feels like “home” for the top 100 overall prospect
- Big Bear Alexander: When you know this 5-star’s real story, you will be proud
- WATCH: Gunner Stockton’s feet are planted long term; Says he’ll graduate from UGA
- Gunner Stockton: The must-read stories to know on Georgia’s new 5-star QB commit