That’s the first word Georgia coach Kirby Smart used to describe 5-star signee Richard LeCounte III.
The U.S. Army All-American’s game is well known around these web pages, but Smart was a guest on 680 The Fan’s “Official Visit” radio show on Tuesday night.
680 High School Sports Insider Doug Konkel and 247Sports staff analyst Rusty Mansell treated their audience to an interview with Smart from the recruiting trail.
Mansell had the opportunity to ask Smart about LeCounte.
“He’s a bowling ball of energy I tell you that,” Smart said. “He is a kid that loves the game. He loves people. He loves life. He’s got a great family. He’s in our family now and he’s done a great job helping us with this class. I’m looking forward to it.”
LeCounte is enrolled at Georgia now.
As a result, that allowed Smart to speak freely about the first recruit to commit to UGA after he accepted the job.
Smart said LeCounte had his first off-season workout on Tuesday. The nation’s No. 2 safety prospect apparently came in with a reputation.
“I got to see him a little bit,” Smart said. “He’s a little sore. I think they had some competitive tug-of-war. There’s a lot of rumors going around about him being pretty good at tug-of-war. He’s a guy to beat. We’re excited to have him.”
Smart was probably somewhere in Gwinnett County as he was set to have an in-home visit with priority target Leonard Warner III on Tuesday evening.
Have you been living under a rock the last year? Here are a few cornerstone stories that should help you get to know one of the key signees in the Class of 2017.
- LeCounte wears No. 4 in tribute to two very special family members
- Kirby Smart’s first commit is a big one
- 5-star safety plays role of “Santa Rich” in UGA commitment video
- “Santa Rich” returns for another exclusive commitment video
- An appreciative community honors Richard LeCounte III
- Recruiting War Room: Richard LeCounte III
- Richard LeCounte destroys a WR in 1-on-1 drills
- 5-star safety looks back on his time as a recruit
- Catch a live chat with Richard LeCounte III
- LeCounte wins first “Who’s the Smart-est Dawg” challenge