FORT VALLEY, Ga. — UGA commit Tyrique McGhee has three other SEC schools on his mind for official visit destinations, but he is hesitant to lock those dates in.
McGhee, a 3-star defensive back from Peach County High School, told the AJC’s DawgNation.com that Auburn, Kentucky and South Carolina, in addition to UGA, are likely to see him on campus at some point for official visits.
“I have some set up, but things could change, my heart could change,” McGhee said. “I might just be like ‘nevermind — I don’t want to go through that problem and just wait until signing day.”’
The 5-foot-11, 177-pounder wants to assure UGA fans that his decision to see other schools has nothing to do with him wavering on his commitment. He says he wants to enjoy this time in his life because you only get to go through the recruitment process once.
In the video above, McGhee gives his answers to the following questions:
1) Why was one trip to a local Chick-fil-A so memorable for him?
2) What’s he looking forward to when he arrives on campus?
3) McGhee primarily plays quarterback for his high school. How does he think his skills under center will translate to the defensive backfield?
4) What’s his prediction for this weekend’s game against Alabama?
5) What’s his main talent off of the field?