Longtime UGA football commitment Chad Clay is planning to take official visits to three other colleges this fall.
The 3-star cornerback told the AJC at practice on Tuesday that those trips were the only things keeping him from signing his financial aid papers with UGA at this time.
The Peachtree Ridge senior also shared his thoughts on the following topics in the video interview above:
- His impressions of UGA 2017 QB commitment Bailey Hockman from McEachern
- Which two recruits he’ll try to steer UGA’s way at the South Carolina game
- His prediction for the UGA-South Carolina game
- The other three schools he plans to visit aside from UGA
- How his Peachtree Ridge team was able to overcome an 0-2 start and still take down the No. 2 team in the state last Friday
The 6-foot, 180-pounder plans to be at UGA for the South Carolina and Alabama games this season. He is rated as the No. 34 cornerback in the country per the 247sports composite. He’s also regarded as the No. 32 overall player in Georgia for 2016.
Clay, the son of former Georgia Tech All-American Willie “Big Play” Clay, committed to UGA over Florida and Ohio State back in May.
Jeff Sentell covers UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges.