Want a daily lap through UGA recruiting? That’s what the Intel brings for its sixth morning of this week. In this edition, we break down the visitor’s list for No. 4 Georgia as it hosts SEC East rival Missouri. It starts with the nearly 6-foot-9 Daniel Faalele.
Georgia has the chance to begin the year 7-0 for the first time since 2005.
The Bulldogs host another big SEC showdown Saturday with Missouri and the recruits will be there. The biggest of them all will be 6-foot-9, 385-pound offensive tackle Daniel Faalele.
Faalele, an Austrailian native, picked up football less than two years ago. He’s playing his first season of football this fall at powerhouse IMG Academy.
The 3-star recruit ranks as the nation’s No. 36 OT prospect for 2018 by the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
Faalele has an offer from UGA and is in town on his official visit.
He did get the traditional UGA official visitor cookie cake. But it did not look like something that belonged in a bowl of “Cookie Crisp” cereal next to him.
The numbers, so far, of who intends to visit Sanford Stadium for the game look like this:
- 1: Nation’s top overall prospect
- 1: Nation’s top QB prospect
- 2: UGA official visitors
- 6: 5-star prospects (including commits and that Fields guy)
- 15: 4-star prospects (including commits)
- 1: Prospect from Austrailia with a foot that wedges into size-18 cleats.
- 1: Prospect who weighs 385 pounds and can dunk a basketball
- 2: Prospects who are committed to another Power 5 program
- 1: UGA legacy in Tommy Tremble (He’s the son of former UGA safety Greg Tremble)
This is by no means an official list. We’ve mixed in some early Saturday morning updates with names that confirmed they would be in town over the past two days. But that evolves. There were a couple of prospects at Grayson High who felt they would be in the stands, but no longer seem likely to make it.
Jadon Haselwood, a 5-star commit from Cedar Grove in metro Atlanta, continues his string of making every home game since he committed to the Bulldogs. That also includes G-Day in April.
“The atmosphere there, it like gives you the chills,” Haselwood said.
The nation’s No. 1 junior wide receiver prospect did have a good idea that Justin Fields would commit to Georgia. When he did, it likely made it impossible for any other program to flip him. Even in this day and age of back-and-forth teenagers.
Haselwood said that Fields to UGA now makes him “100,000 percent” committed to UGA.
100,000 percent? Gosh, I must say that sounds like a pretty stout verbal.
That’s a new one for me.
Confirmed visitors with UGA offers
- Jake Camarda (2-star K from Norcross H.S. in Norcross, Ga.)
- Justin Fields (5-star QB from Harrison H.S., Kennesaw, Ga.)
- Azeez Ojulari (4-star DE/OLB from Marietta, Ga., H.S.)
- Caleb Tannor (4-star DE/OLB from Miller Grove H.S., Lithonia, Ga.)
- JD Bertrand (4-star OLB from Blessed Trinity H.S., Roswell, Ga.)
- Dominick Blaylock (5-star WR from Walton H.S., Marietta, Ga.)
- Luke Griffin (4-star OT from North Murray H.S., Chatsworth, Ga.)
- Jadon Haselwood (5-star WR from Cedar Grove H.S., Ellenwood, Ga.)
- Nolan Smith (5-star DE/OLB from IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla.)
Major targets with offers
- Trey Dean (4-star S from Dutchtown H.S., Hampton, Ga.) — Tennessee commit
- Official visit: Daniel Faalele (3-star OT from IMG Academy, Bradenton, Fla.)
- Trey Hill (4-star OG from Houston County H.S., Warner Robins, Ga.)
- Official visit: Israel Mukuamu (3-star S from Parkway H.S., Bossier, La.) — FSU commit
- Tommy Tremble (3-star TE from Wesleyan, Norcross, Ga.)
- Ryland Goede (4-star TE from Kennesaw Mountain H.S., Kennesaw, Ga.)
- Travon Walker (4-star DE/DT from Upson-Lee H.S., Thomaston, Ga.)
- Trezmen Marshall (4-star ILB from Clinch County, Homerville, Ga.)
- Wanya Morris (4-star OT from Grayson H.S, Loganville, Ga.)
- Owen Pappoe (5-star ILB from Grayson H.S., Loganville, Ga.)
- Jalen Perry (4-star CB from Dacula H.S., Dacula, Ga.)
- Sergio Allen (4-star OLB from Peach County H.S., Fort Valley, Ga.)
- Andy Boykin (Unrated DE from Troup County, H.S., LaGrange, Ga.)
- Jacolbe Cowan (5-star DE/OLB from Providence Day School, Charlotte, N.C.)
- Kobe Hudson (4-star WR from Troup County H.S., LaGrange, Ga.)
- Myles Murphy (unrated DE from Hillgrove H.S., Powder Springs, Ga.)
- BJ Ojulari (4-star DE/OLB from Marietta H.S., Marietta, Ga.)
- Dazalin Worsham (4-star WR from Hewitt-Trussville, Trussville, Ala.)
Miss a day of Intel? Well, the DawgNation recruiting archive will get you up to Mecole Hardman speed before your tailgate crew can worry anymore about all the freshman offensive linemen who will have to play this fall.