PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — DawgNation’s weekly Facebook Live recruiting chat took its longest road trip so far this season on Wednesday night.
The journey brought the chat all the way to the City of Brotherly Love to visit with recent RB commitment D’Andre Swift. The 5-foot-11, 215-pounder is rated as the nation’s No. 4 RB prospect for the Class of 2017.
Swift joined staff writer Jeff Sentell for a live session answering a few questions and also getting the chance to interact with Georgia fans who follow the DawgNation page on Facebook. He plans to study sports broadcasting at Georgia so the live interaction was right up the alley of his future career path.
The senior plays for St. Joseph’s Prep. The private Catholic school was founded in 1861 and sits in the heart of Philadelphia. Swift and his Hawks practice at Temple University’s Edburg-Olson football complex.
Check out the video below.
Swift weighed in on the following topics with DawgNation:
- What’s his favorite NFL team?
- What’s his best time in the 40-yard dash?
- When did he know he wanted to play for Georgia?
- What was the single biggest reason why he chose Georgia?
- How big of a role did academics play in his decision?
- What does he look forward to about playing his cousin and major Georgia target Mark Webb Jr. on Friday? (That game will actually be on ESPNU.)
- How big of a factor was Georgia’s running back tradition?
- When does he plan to take his official visit to Georgia?
- Does he plan to take any other official visits?
- Which school finished second behind Georgia?
- What did the Georgia coaches think of his “Rocky” commitment video that was produced by Bleacher Report?
- Did he already know he was going to go to Georgia at “The Opening” this summer?
- St. Joseph’s has a sterling academic reputation. What does his typical day look like?
- What is his favorite subject in school?
Follow Jeff Sentell on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.