Carson Beck committed to Georgia over the weekend. The whirlwind courtship spiked with a Feb. 27 offer.
That led to a hurry-up visit and a speed dating commitment on March 3.
— Carson Beck (@carsonbeck01) March 3, 2019
That is basically all surface layer material with Beck at this point.
The full interview appears below and it offers the answers to a few very intriguing questions.
- What was his dream school? Florida or Georgia?
- Why did he choose Georgia?
- Did he name Florida as his recruiting leader for an ulterior motive?
- Will he take any more recruiting visits?
Georgia QB commit Carson Beck sheds light on a few topics
The dream school question was very interesting. First Coast News asked him if he grew up a Georgia fan.
“Um, this is going to be awkward,” Beck said. “I actually grew up a Florida fan but once I hit middle school Georgia was actually like the dream school I wanted to go to for football. My head coach was a Georgia fan. My offensive coordinator was a Georgia fan and the quarterback coach. Our defensive line coach, who was a really great friend of my dads, was a Georgia fan.”
“So that’s why I kind of started heading up there and the first time that I ever went up there I fell in love with the place.”
Hmm. If that’s the case, then why did he name Florida his leader?
That was also very interesting.
“So I had obviously named Florida my leader and I kind of just put that out there to say like ‘Hey this is the team that is coming at me the hardest. This is the team where I feel like I could see myself at’ but also I had two schools kind of like in the back of my head – one of those being Georgia – where if I got that offer I would pause for a second and say ‘OK, hold on. I got to kind of take this in.'”
“So I visited up there and it was absolutely awesome and everything that I expected.”
He said that Georgia just seemed like the program that was going to surround him with top-tier personnel all across the offense. In his estimation, he said he saw that at running back, across the offensive line and at receiver.
“But at the end of the day I just chose the best fit for me,” Beck said.
Carson Beck: The DawgNation story file so far
- BREAKING: Carson Beck chooses UGA
- Carson Beck is now working on the big recruiting targets for Georgia
- Beck yeah! The social media reaction to Carson Beck choosing Georgia
- Gimme 5: 5 tweets and 5 quotes that will introduce DawgNation to Carson Beck
- The striking parallels between the Carson Beck and Jake Fromm recruiting stories
- DN90: Carson Beck reaches out to 5-star Las Vegas athlete Darnell Washington
- Florida fans not happy to see prized in-state target Carson Beck choose UGA