WATCH: Georgia Bulldog OL signee Dylan Fairchild wrestles in the state championships
MACON – Dylan Fairchild says he has been wrestling since he was five years old. He’s done it all his life.
The 2021 Georgia Bulldog All-American OL signee had his last practices on the mat at West Forsyth High School this week. He took his lumps in Class 7A in the 285-pound weight class as a freshman, figured most of it as a sophomore and has been totally dominant as a junior and senior.
He did so in an impressive fashion taking down his opponents in 22 seconds, 79 seconds and 40 seconds. He has yet to be taken into the second period of a single match this season.
Fairchild has one more match sometime in the late morning or early afternoon to defend his Class 7A heavyweight championship. The senior is 21-0 with 21 pins this season. He has amassed a sterling 67-0 record with 67 pins during his junior and senior years.
This was all according to plan.
“I expect him to be there,” Goff said. “He’s been dominant and he’s got so many years of experience on the guys he is wrestling. He is also bigger, stronger and faster and he is a better athlete. He’s got all the tangibles. Everything.”
Fairchild will enter the match against junior Thomas Dossett of Lambert High today. Dossett had a pin in 2:15 in his first match and then advanced to the finals on 6-4, 7-0 and 8-6 scoring decisions.
Want to see what he looks like on the mats in Macon? Check out the embedded video highlights below and check back on DawgNation later today to see how his opponent fared in the final. Fairchild is facing a quality veteran opponent that he has been able to beat twice already this season.
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- All-American OL signee Dylan Fairchild advances to state heavyweight wrestling finals
- UGA signee Dylan Fairchild is ready to defend his Class 7A wrestling title
- The DawgNation film room why Brock Bowers is that “Unicorn” recruit of the 2021 cycle
- Why Terrence Edwards already sees some of an NFL Pro Bowler’s game in Adonai Mitchell
- DawgNation Film Room: Terrence Edwards on Jackson Meeks
- Tre’Quon Fegans: Why Georgia feels like “home” for the top 100 overall prospect
- Georgia football: DawgNation’s ultimate 2021 class yearbook
- BREAKING: Terrion Arnold commits to Alabama
- What is Terrion Arnold thinking on the morning of his big decision?
- Big Bear Alexander: When you know this 5-star’s real story, you will be proud
- De’Nylon Morrissette: Gunner Stockton to UGA changes up his outlook considerably
- WATCH: Gunner Stockton’s feet are planted long term; Says he’ll graduate from UGA
- Assessing the ripple effect of Gunner Stockton choosing UGA
- Gunner Stockton: The must-read stories to know on Georgia’s new 5-star QB commit
- Recruits react on social media to the Gunner Stockton decision
- BREAKING: Gunner Stockton makes his final decision to commit to UGA
- Oscar Delp: Georgia continues its all-out blitz recruiting for its No. 1 TE target for 2022
- Malaki Starks: How does the Charlton Warren news affect the priority 5-star ATH?
- Mykel Williams: State’s top-rated junior DL prospect ramps up his decision timeline
- Kojo Antwi: Speedy in-state WR is a huge name to know in the 2022 class
- In-state safety Emory Floyd in on the shortlist of the fastest prospects in the 2022 class
- Emmanuel Henderson: Nation’s No. 1 junior RB already has a strong link to UGA
- Jalon Walker: The All-American LB target who rattles teeth and aspires to fix them