WATCH: Longtime Georgia football commit David Daniel talks 2021 class and Terrion Arnold
Want to attack every day with the latest UGA football recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. This entry catches up with longtime Georgia football commit David Daniel and he prepares for his senior year at Woodstock High School.
DawgNation recently got the chance to visit with and take some impressive preseason pics with longtime safety commitment David Daniel.
Daniel discussed his thoughts on a lot of topics in a wide-ranging interview. That said, there were three elements that really stood out.
The first was something his mother, Nikki Sisavanh, said to him years ago. It is a reason why the physical run-stopping safety works so hard on being better at other DB traits aside from walking down into the box.
Daniel is always working. Working on his body. Working on his DB skills. Working with the other top college DB prospects in Metro Atlanta.
“My mom always told me to stay ready so you don’t have to get ready,” Daniels said. “I’m trying to do that.”
Does he feel like he’s ready to play at Georgia? He nodded yes.
“I’ve always been ready,” he said. “It is a commitment.”
Check out the 2020 preseason Daniel pics below. His length and size will play well in the SEC for defensive backs coach Charlton Warren.
Daniel said he only needs two credits to enroll early. That is still the plan for the 6-foot-2-plus and 200-pound future safety.
“Coach spoke to me about being able to probably practice for the bowl game since we will be done in December,” Daniel said.
David Daniel: What he recently told DawgNation
The second item that stood out was about his family. was he’s had the rich life experience of welcoming a new baby sister, Yamani Sisavanh, into the world just a short time ago.
He now has three younger sisters. He wasn’t totally sure, but he said her name means “everything beautiful.”
It is amazing to see a family still be blessed with a beautiful addition to their home. Even in the year 2020.
“I’m just happy she made it,” Daniel said. “With everything going on it is a tough time to bring a baby into the world. So I’m just glad she is healthy.”
The third item of relevance were his thoughts on potential teammate Terrion Arnold. That potential duo got to practice together on Cam Newton’s 7-on-7 team before the pandemic shut everything down.
“I’ve been telling him ‘Terrion we are league bound if you come over here,” Daniel said. “He’s in agreeance. He’s still thinking about it or whatever. I am following that but yeah I definitely think we would be something special if he came to Georgia.”
Arnold ranks as the nation’s No. 2 safety prospect for 2021 but he will certainly get a first look at being a lockdown cornerback at Georgia.
Arnold just has that unique of a set of skills. It was one where Arnold recently told DawgNation that Kirby Smart said he sees The Jim Thorpe Award and a Heisman Trophy ceremony finalist invite in his future. That’s very rare praise from Smart.
He said he’s still hearing from the coaches at Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Georgia Tech, among others. But those conversations are rather short. Daniel wants to be respectful of their time and maintain a cordial relationship with those coaches.
“It is genuine,” Daniel said. “We respect each other and respect each other’s decisions.”
What else did Daniel have to say? The featured video above shared his thoughts on the following:
- What it is like as the elder statesman of the 2021 class?
- Does he feel like the pandemic has taken away a lot of the cool experiences he could have had as a key early Georgia commit?
- Has the initial feeling of why he committed to UGA changed up at all?
- What is his mindset going into his senior year at Woodstock High?
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- MJ Morris: Nation’s No. 3 junior QB prospect shares an updated view on his recruiting
- Deyon Bouie: Priority 5-star for 2022 has a top 3 and a commitment timeline in mind
- Nation’s top JUCO corner De’Jahn Warren makes it official and commits to Georgia
- Did the 2021 recruiting class have a secret recruiting visit to Athens this weekend?
- Gunner Stockton: The day after the 5-star QB chose South Carolina
- WATCH: Newest commit Javon Bullard delivers a 5-star interview with DawgNation
- Michael Daugherty: Young All-American DB already “loves Georgia”
- BREAKING: Javon Bullard commits to Georgia
- Kirby Smart feels the 2021 cycle will redefine all recruiting
- Terrion Arnold: Kirby Smart had some very “high praise” for the nation’s No. 2 safety
- Brock Bowers makes his commitment known to the University of Georgia
- What kind of recruiter has Scott Cochran been so far for Georgia?
- What is that 5-star relationship like between Amarius Mims and Brock Vandagriff?
- BREAKING: 3-star OG Jared Wilson flips back into the 2021 class at UGA
- Amarius Mims: The 8 things to know right now about the 5-star and his recruiting