Georgia Military College cornerback D.J. Daniel was one of the many elite recruiting targets on hand for the “reveal” weekend.
- 3-Dawg Night: Georgia picked up a commitment from 5-star RB John Emery Jr. on Sunday.
- 3-Dawg Night: The Bulldogs also got a pledge from 4-star Louisiana ATH Makiya Tongue
- Another 3-Dawg Night: Nation’s No. 5 LB Rian “Trouble” Davis also chose UGA
Daniel is one of the biggest remaining targets for Georgia in the class. But he has yet to make his college decision known.
He rates as the nation’s No. 2 junior college cornerback and the No. 5 overall prospect for 247Sports. The former Spalding High standout will graduate from GMC in December.
What will it all come down to?
“Just family,” he told DawgNation. “Praying to God and the fit scheme-wise for my position.”
His coach, Bert Williams, shared the following description about him.
“I think it is the length and the speed with him,” Williams said. “You don’t see many six feet cornerbacks with his good speed and that arm length. Those are the biggest things and then you put his mindset on top of that. You are going to have to really beat him down to beat him. His mind won’t allow himself to get beat and stay down for more than that one play. He’s just a tough and a competitive kid.”
Daniel will very likely play right away in the SEC.
Where do things stand with Daniel right now?
Check out the video above for his thoughts on:
- What does he like the best about Georgia?
- How about that pull to South Carolina?
- How does he feel about the recruiting effort from Georgia?
- Who are his primary recruiters?
- Which school might be a dark horse contender here?
- What is important to him in his life outside of football?
He expects to make his college decision very shortly before the start of his second season at the junior college level. The 6-foot, 185-pound prospect was recently clocked at a range of 4.40 and 4.42 seconds during 40-yard dash testing at GMC.
Those times were clocked by hand.