Chris Smith II loves Georgia. He plans to visit the Bulldogs at least “five or six” times this fall.
He wore a pair of flashy gold shoes last night for Hapeville Charter as his squad knocked off a strong Pace Academy program for the first time in program history last night.
The 5-foot-10.5, 175-pounder even had a Pick-6 before it was called back due to penalties.
Smith chose UGA on May 1. He even had a pretty organized way of deciding that he needed to play for the Bulldogs. But he is going to take a few official visits to some big-name teams.
The eager DawgNation reader can find their answer to that and all the following topics can be found in the featured video above.
Press play to learn the following about Smith:
- How big was that 34-3 win last night against Pace Academy?
- What did he say to major UGA target Jamaree Salyer in the post-game handshake line?
- Why did he change up his shoe game to a pair of gold cleats?
- How solid is his commitment right now?
- How many points does he think that UGA will win by today?
- What is his prediction for the 2017 season in Athens?
- Which schools are going to get an official visit?
- What was his message to DawgNation on the brink of the 2017 season?
His 247SportsComposite ranking continues to trend upward. Smith is now rated as the nation’s No. 29 cornerback prospect and as the No. 313 player overall in the Class of 2018.
Smith will not be able to enroll early in January.