We chat on Facebook Live every Wednesday night and this week’s effort was complicated because I was on the road visiting a few prospects, but we found a way to chat once I found a stable internet connection.
A show staple is a quick trivia question right out of the gate. That usually involves a factoid lifted from the coverage over the past week on DawgNation. Who did what? Name that player and so on.
The person who delivers the correct answer gets on a long list of names that are getting a DawgNation T-shirt shipped out to them in the mail. But I was hungry this week. So I asked everyone about food.
Who had the best pre-game food spread for the North Carolina game? That was the question. It sparked a lot of interest. It was almost like we were chatting about the quarterback situation.
A strong early leader was: Low Country Boil, shrimp, andouille sausage, silver queen (from our garden), new potatoes, then my grandmother’s homemade fried apple and sweet potato pies. And then we made homemade peach ice cream.
But somehow this won out in the end: Jalapeño poppers wrapped in bacon. Carnitas with pineapple salsa. Brisket sandwiches and salted caramel pie
I think that had a lot to do with presentation. It read like it was lifted out of a New York Times food critic column because I’m not a big fan of Carnitas. But that training table did cover all the bases. Bacon. Brisket. Salsa. Pie.
What did we talk about on the recruiting side this week? Check out the recap below:
This week’s topics included the following:
- What is the latest on four-star receiver Mark Webb Jr. this week?
- Who are the next three commitments that Georgia might possibly get?
- What is the timeframe for Brookwood four-star linebacker Leonard Warner III?
- When will five-star junior QB Trevor Lawrence make his college decision?
- What does the recruiting at the receiver position look like for 2017?
- Does Georgia have a real shot with four-star Alabama receiver Nico Collins?
- Is there any chance of Georgia losing four-star QB Jake Fromm with Jacob Eason on board?
- Why did the under-the-radar recruits perform so well in fall camp to earn quality playing time in the opener against North Carolina?
- Is Georgia still a team to beat for Vidalia four-star linebacker Nate McBride?
The DawgNation live chat archives are growing. Check out the recap posts from Sentell’s recent live UGA chats:
- September 1: Breaking down the impending D’Andre Swift decision and what it would mean for Georgia
- August 25: What is the latest Intel on the recruiting front?
- August 18: Who will be the next prospect to commit to Georgia?
- August 10: Live interview with new UGA commit Devonte Wyatt
- July 21: Top 10 reasons why everyone is so ready for football season
- July 13: Live chat with UGA dual legacy Jaden Hunter
- June 29: Live chat with UGA four-star receiver commitment Trey Blount
- June 15: Live chat with UGA’s new commitment D’Antne Demery of Brunswick High School
- June 8: Watch: Live UGA chat with Jeff Sentell on breakout freshmen and the next man to commit