The weekly UGA recruiting (and invariably football) chat happens every Wednesday.
Our latest installment featured a spunky nine-year-old tasked with framing the shot on the camera and at least one deviation off the beaten path. This was a good one, though.
Congratulations go out to Jeff Allgood and Greg Yearta. They both correctly answered the Wednesday trivia question about UGA football. Which standout running back had a huge game against Oxford many moons ago? The answer was freshman Rodney Hampton. The freshman stacked up 227 yards against the Rebels in 1987.
What did we discuss on the recruiting trail this week? There were some good items like:
- What’s the deal with EJ Price?
- Which Georgia commitment would be considered the most underrated in the Class of 2017?
- Will Jake Fromm still come to Georgia and compete with Jacob Eason? (We get that one every week.)
- What’s the latest read of Cam Akers?
- Who will be the bigger prospect: Jacob Eason or Trevor Lawrence?
- Which one of the Philly Dawgs (D’Andre Swift and Mark Webb, Jr.) will get on the field faster?
- Is Georgia after any elite kickers in the Class of 2017?
- What should be made of pulling the redshirt for freshman OL Solomon Kindley?
- How are things progressing in the recruiting of Vidalia four-star ILB Nate McBride?
- How does Georgia stand with 5-star junior RB Zamir White?
- Does Georgia really have a shot with 5-star OT Walker Little out of Texas?
- Can Georgia really reel in one of these high-profile out-of-state recruits?
Perhaps the best part of the chat came when we asked our readers about two things: 1) We asked for predictions on the Ole Miss game; 2) Then we also asked DawgNation how they celebrated in the moments after Jacob Eason threw that game-winning touchdown pass at Missouri.
That’s because of this little story and the hospital room trip which followed it. That’s when the chat featured the following nuggets:
Brad McGuire: “I stomped around screaming “YESS!
Joe Mele: “Doing the bull dance.”
Mitch Davis: “I woke up my neighbors when McKenzie scored a TD!”
Jamey Goodman: “I stood in silence until it was completely official. Lol.”
James Crump: “Stood up with first pumps in the air.”
Adam Golden: “Kids in bed. Yelled so loud they both woke up crying because I startled them so much.”
Ryan Mccaigue: “I picked a fight with my wife so I could watch the last few minutes. It was definitely worth it.”
Pete Ellis: “I did a bunch of Ric Flairs.”
Steve Burnett: “I was sober but ran around the yard screaming waking up all my Auburn neighbors crying after their latest loss!”
Nick Thomison: “Drop to my knees and yelled ‘Thank you, Baby Jesus!'”
Elton Hollis: “Ran out the front door screaming Go Dawgs. Lost my voice afterward. It was worth it.”
Joe Brammer: “Threw my iPhone in the air! (Accidentally actually)
Daniel White Jr: “Literally screamed inside Applebee’s in North Georgia. People thought I was crazy.”
Brock Turner: “I cried.”
Anthony D. Davis: “Jumped and down in the SEC Network control room screaming ‘Go Dawgs!'”
Joshua Yontz-Watkins: “Woke up everybody in my house screaming ‘that’s who we are.'”
Cory Norris: “I threw a chair.”
Trace Perry: “Screamed so loud I woke my kid up so my fiance yelled at me and made me sleep on the couch.”
Mitch Davis: When McKenzie scored, I looked at my Dad and he was crying. I asked him ‘Are you crying?’ His response was ‘I got a bug in my eye.'”
Josh Stuart: “I woke up my pregnant wife at 2 AM. Not a good thing.”
Nick Landry: “Shirt comes off followed by the awkward moment when you are topless in a crowd of people.”
I just want to say just how much fun it was to learn about all of those stories through our live chat this week. That’s how I want to be. I want all of us to add to the back porch chat or recruit interview we have every Wednesday night.
That was the Facebook Live highlight for me last night.
Follow Jeff Sentell on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.