Commissioned artwork. Laughs. Pickle juice references. At least two heartwarming stories.
We don’t promise that much good stuff every week with the weekly DawgNation football recruiting chat, but this week’s edition with four-star receiver commitment Trey Blount has a cramped slate that includes every one of those offerings.
Staff writer Jeff Sentell sat down with Blount at Pace Academy on Thursday night and the two fielded more than 300 questions from fans of the DawgNation Facebook page in about 34 minutes.
Check it out here:
Some of the best topics were:
- What does he think UGA’s chances are with his teammate Andrew Thomas?
- He can really fly. How fast is he in the 40-yard dash?
- Which current Bulldogs is he most looking forward to playing with in Athens?
- Is a national title within reach during his time at UGA?
- So what exactly is new receivers coach James Coley really like?
- What does that “Change the Game” motto that Coley harps about actually mean?
- Does Blount think Nick Chubb will be ready to go early in the 2016 season?
- Who will be the starting quarterback in the season opener against North Carolina at the Georgia Dome?
- Why did he choose UGA?
- Why has he never taken off that set of dog tags around his neck since he was in the eighth grade?
- What number will he wear at UGA?
- Does he think that UGA will also sign the state’s top prospect in Grayson cornerback DeAngelo Gibbs?
- What will be his major?
- Will he take any more official visits?
- Which former UGA player does he try to resemble?
- What team does he want to beat the most during his time at UGA?
And yes somebody walked away with the weekly T-shirt from the DawgNation prize vault this week, too.
Jeff Sentell covers UGA football and UGA recruiting for AJC.com and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow him on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.