That’s what DawgNation got to see shortly after Smith had a successful start to his Cam Newton 7-on-7 Memorial Day tournament at Shiloh High School.
Smith, playing for the Fundamentally Sound Sports team, started out his first two games giving up zero catches. His receiver was targeted seven times but didn’t record any catches.
The UGA commit also came away with 1 interception across those reps.
But then he went 1-on-1 (journalistically) with Dean. Smith asked the 4-star safety a few questions about his process for DawgNation.
Smith would like to see his FSS teammate join him on the commitment list in Athens for 2018.
Dean rates as the nation’s No. 24 safety and the No. 30 player in Georgia per the 247Sports composite for 2018.
Smith, who committed to UGA on May 1, rates as a 3-star prospect but is a much better one than that. The rising senior cornerback was recently selected to Nike’s elite national “The Opening” showcase June 28-July 3 in Oregon.
Check out the featured video above for Dean’s responses to:
- What is his current timeline?
- Which schools are coming after him the hardest?
- Does he have any visit plans for the rest of the week?
- What does UGA have to do better to land his commitment?
- Is there anything missing that UGA should be doing in order to enhance its chances?
- What could he bring to the 2018 class and the defensive backfield at UGA?