There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there regarding 4-star Georgia DE commit Robert Beal Jr. and his January visit plans.
Where will Beal be this weekend? DawgNation has learned he will be in Athens for another unofficial visit.
That’s contrary to what seems to be the running narrative out there regarding Beal, his family and Florida State. I spoke to Beal’s mother this morning and she provided a few items of note regarding her son’s decision.
I spoke to Beal’s mother this morning and she provided a few items of note regarding her son’s decision.
“I don’t know where all of this is coming from,” Gwendolyn Beal said. “There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there.”
So let’s re-set the record.
- Beal has one official visit left to take. That will be to South Carolina. That date has yet to be determined.
- Beal will be on another unofficial visit to Athens this weekend.
- The rumors of Beal and his family specifically taking another unofficial visit to Florida State are not accurate. There is currently no plan for them to return to Tallahassee for another visit to hang out with his former IMG roommate and FSU 5-star early enrollee Joshua Kaindoh.
- They do not plan to take any other unofficial visits at the time except to UGA.
- Gwendolyn Beal described her son’s commitment to UGA as strong but said he’d defer the questions about that to her son. That is — and it has always been — his decision.
Beal now rates as the nation’s No. 5 weak-side defensive commit for 2017. He’s now rated as the nation’s No. 81 overall prospect for this recruiting cycle.
He committed to UGA back in July.
Hunker down for DawgNation’s latest news. Download our app: http://dawgs.us/2ctFtTG
Follow Jeff Sentell on Twitter for the latest on who’s on their way to play Between the Hedges. Unless otherwise indicated, player rankings and ratings are from the 247Sports Composite.