Georgia coach Sam Pittman scored again on Sunday, as the Bulldogs landed a commitment from 4-star offensive line prospect Chad Lindberg.
And as is usually the case when Pittman lands a commitment, he takes to Twitter to celebrate. He’s done this pretty frequently, with each commitment having its own little flair. For Tate Ratledge, it involved the song “Purple Rain” and a purple jacket.
For Lindberg, who hails from Texas, Pittman busted out a cowboy as well as the hit song “Old Town Road.” He also topped off the news with his signature, “Yessir.”
You can check out Pittman’s full reaction below, as he celebrates his fourth commitment for the position group in the 2020 cycle.
— Coach Sam Pittman (@CoachSamPittman) July 28, 2019
Lindberg joins Broderick Jones, Ratledge and Joshua Braun in the 2020 class. Lindberg is the first commitment of the month for Georgia and the 15th overall member in the class. The addition of Lindberg bumps Georgia back into the No. 5 team ranking in the country, as the Bulldogs jumped Notre Dame with the addition.
The offensive line prospect from League City, Texas rates as the No. 14 offensive tackle in the class and the No. 133 player overall. Lindberg is the third Texan in the class, joining 4-star defensive back Jalen Kimber and 3-star kicker Jared Zirkel.
— Chad Lindberg (@ChadLindberg78) July 28, 2019
And Lindberg might not be the only addition this month. One of Georgia’s top targets, 5-star running back Kendall Milton, is set to announce his commitment on Monday night. Georgia is one of four finalists for Milton, as the Bulldogs will be competing with LSU, Ohio State and Alabama for his commitment.
Georgia also might not be down at the offensive line in the 2020 cycle. The Bulldogs received a visit this weekend from Sedrick Van Pran. He is the nation’s No. 3 center prospect and a 4-star recruit.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Nation’s No. 2 ILB Noah Sewell places Georgia among his final eight
- Former UGA wide receiver AJ Green suffers serious ankle injury after practicing on reportedly questionable field
- Why Kirby Smart always gets asked about Zamir White, and why his answer continues to be the same
- Georgia football power helping lift SEC East over SEC West
- Georgia football podcast: Jake Fromm, D’Andre Swift could make rare form of history
- WATCH: Kirby Smart let’s loose, enjoys Slip ‘N Slide during massive recruiting weekend