Small change to UGA’s football helmet
UGA is making a small tweak to its football attire for games this season.
And, no, it’s not the black jerseys (at least, not to our knowledge).
The UGA football equipment department tweeted out a photo of this year’s helmets this week.
The small change? On the back of the helmets, the “Georgia” sticker has been replaced by a three-dimensional bumper, which is billed to provide a “crisp look.” The 3D bumpers are a growing trend in the NFL and NCAA.
You’ll probably only notice the subtle change if you’re watching the game on HDTV.
Now back to those beloved black jerseys: Despite pleading from a few of UGA’s star players, coach Kirby Smart has resisted the temptation so far. Some Bulldog fans would like to see the team wear them in the Notre Dame game.
- Justin Greene commitment a much-needed win for Georgia football defensive line recruiting
- Ladd McConkey already generating national media buzz entering 2023 season
- Sammy Brown commitment shows Georgia is still going to do battle with Clemson
- What social media is saying following Georgia’s massive recruiting weekend
- Richard Seymour, Garrison Hearst nominated for College Football Hall of Fame