It’s so ridiculous to be predicting bowl matchups during the eighth week of the season, I was hesitant to even share what I found when I ventured down that rabbit hole Tuesday night. But then I thought, what the heck, it’ll make for good conversation and I can save our fair readers the trouble of scouring the Internet themselves to find out where Georgia may — or may not — end up playing in a bowl this year.
That’s assuming the Bulldogs (5-2, 3-2 SEC) will have the necessary wins for bowl eligibility (6). Surely they will. Won’t they?
I didn’t bother listing the projected opponent because, well, that’s a silly leap, too. But I realize these things are curiosities, so click the link if you’d like to delve in deeper. All these people project matchups for every single bowl, and there’s a bunch of them nowadays, as we all know.
What can we conclude from all this? Well, nobody seems to be expecting much from Bulldogs from here on in. But Georgia hasn’t done much to instill confidence in anybody here lately, have they?
So, for what it’s worth, here are the ridiculously early bowl projections for the Bulldogs:
- Mark Schlabach (ESPN) — Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)
- Brett McMurphy (ESPN) — Outback
- Greg Ostendorf (ESPN) — Taxslayer Bowl (Jacksonville. Fla.)
- Bill Bender (Sporting News) — Outback
- Jason Kirk (SB Nation) — Liberty Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.)
- Something called ‘College Sports Madness’ — Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.)
- Jerry Palm (CBS Sports) — TaxSlayer