ATHENS — Warren Brinson has committed to Georgia.
Brinson, a 6-foot-4, 301-pound rising senior at IMG Academy, gives Kirby Smart yet another recruiting win over Florida’s Dan Mullen. Brinson announced on Friday that he was deciding between the Gators and Bulldogs.
Brinson announced his commitment on Twitter Saturday afternoon.
— WarrenBrinson™️ (@warrenbrinson17) June 1, 2019
Brinson was previously committed to Georgia, de-committed four months ago. He also reported offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, Florida State and Miami.
Brinson carries a 4-star prospect rating from the 247Sports.com composite. Rivals.com has him as a 3-star. Regardless, he provides the Bulldogs with another much-needed interior defensive lineman for the 2020 class.
The last two commitments to Georgia have come from defensive tackles. Jalen Carter, the No. 68 overall prospect in the country, committed to Georgia back in May. The Bulldogs landed three commits last month, as 5-star outside linebacker Mekhail Sherman and 4-star offensive tackle Tate Ratledge also committed to Georgia.
Brinson’s addition moves Georgia’s 2020 recruiting class ranking up to No. 4 nationally. All 11 commits are rated as 4 or 5-star prospects. Of those 11, four are defensive tackles, as Brinson joins Carter, Jamil Burroughs and Nazir Stackhouse in the class.
Brinson is originally from Chatham County but left to attend IMG before his junior season. He has attended three camps at UGA and plans to attend again this summer.
This is shaping to be a big recruiting weekend for Georgia as it has a number of top prospects on campus, highlighted by 4-star guard Andrew Raym. He is the No. 2 guard in the country and the No. 1 prospect in the state of Oklahoma.
📍University of Georgia 📍#godawgs
— Andrew Raym7️⃣2️⃣ (@andrew_raymBAHS) June 1, 2019
More Georgia football recruiting stories
- The two strongest statements yet about what Carson Beck can be at Georgia
- Elite OL Sedrick Van Pran shares why Georgia cracked his final 8
- Nation’s No. 1 overall prospect Zachary Evans has UGA in his final group
- ‘Priority’ DL target Jacolbe Cowan has made a key decision about UGA
- ESPN names the recruit Georgia has to get for the 2020 recruiting cycle
- Elite Georgia CB commit Jalen Kimber wants to play with 5-star Kelee Ringo
- Moving Day, Part II: The Georgia football team gets a lot better this week