The Georgia Bulldogs will be on CBS for the first time this season when they host the Tennessee Volunteers on Oct. 10. The game will kick off at 3:30 p.m.
Update to @SEC FB TV games of Oct. 10:
Florida at Texas A&M, 12 pm ET / 11 am CT on ESPN
Tennessee at Georgia, 3:30 pm ET / 2:30 pm CT on CBS
Game times and networks for other games of Oct. 10 were previously announced and can be found at https://t.co/d0tARQHQso.
— Southeastern Conference (@SEC) October 4, 2020
The game figures to be a battle of two top-25 foes, as Georgia is No. 4 this week in the AP Poll and Tennessee is No. 21.
It’s been quite an offseason between these two programs, due in large part to the drama surrounding transfer offensive lineman Cade Mays. The former Bulldog announced in January that he would be transferring back to Knoxville, Tenn., where he is from. Mays’ brother also plays for the Volunteers.
This has led to many comments made by lawyers and even in press conferences by Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt. Last week, Mays was granted eligibility for the 2020 season.
This will be the third time Pruitt and Kirby Smart have met as head coaches. The Bulldogs have won the previous two meetings between, including a 43-14 win in Knoxville, Tenn., last season. Pruitt and Smart are both former Alabama defensive coordinators.
Both Tennessee and Georgia are off to 2-0 starts, as Georgia won 27-6 over No. 7 Auburn. The Volunteers earned an impressive 35-12 win over the Missouri Tigers. Tennessee is 2-0 on the season. The Florida-Texas A&M game will be played at noon.
It sure felt like more than [20,524], but it felt like a lot of fans out there. I thought the crowd noise was helpful,” Georgia coach Kirby Smart said after the win. . “I thought we showed improvement. We left a lot of plays out there. I thought we played really hard defensively but sloppy on third down. I thought offensively, when we play clean, meaning we don’t have a busted assignment, a penalty, or somebody doesn’t know what they’re doing, we do well; but we can go backwards as quickly as we can forwards offensively, and we probably left more out there.”
Georgia-Tennessee game time, TV Network
Game Time: 3:30 p.m.
TV Network: CBS
Date: Oct. 10
Location: Athens, Ga.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football: What Auburn and Gus Malzahn had to say after that 27-6 loss
- Georgia QB Stetson Bennett ‘The guy’ right now; jumbo package impressed
- Third down demonstrates why Stetson Bennett outplayed Bo Nix
- Georgia football instant observations following dominant win over Auburn
- WATCH: Georgia’s Kirby Smart makes light of wizardly improvement in 27-6 win
- Georgia football injury report from 27-6 win over Auburn; update on James Cook
- RECAP Georgia 27, Auburn 6: Bulldogs’ defense smothers Tigers
- Social media gushes over Stetson Bennett, Georgia football for first half against Auburn