ATHENS — Leonard Floyd may have been turning pro anyway, but the news on Sunday hastened his departure.
Floyd, a junior outside linebacker and NFL prospect, was in a car leaving the athletic building’s parking lot on Sunday night when he yelled this out:
“I’m gone too, by the way!”
Floyd also announced the news on his Twitter feed around the same time:
— L8F4➰➰ (@Floyd_XXXking) November 30, 2015
Coach Richt probably was the only one that could of convinced me to stay just a sad day for me as a Dawg — L8F4➰➰ (@Floyd_XXXking) November 30, 2015
Floyd considered going pro after last season but opted to stick around. He said last week he was still undecided about going pro and would discuss the decision with his inner circle.
This season Floyd leads the Bulldogs with 4.5 sacks and is tied for the team lead with 10.5 tackles-for-loss.
- What went wrong for Mark Richt at Georgia
- Mark Richt’s dismissal was long in the works
- UGA moves ‘all about Kirby Smart’
- What does Mark Richt news mean for Jacob Eason?
- Richt’s firing confirms what many believed: It was time for a change
- Leading candidates to replace Richt at Georgia
- What do recruits think about Kirby Smart to UGA?
- Current Georgia player offers a message for Eason
- With Richt out, UGA’s next step is to get Smart
- Most of UGA’s coaches pulled off the recruiting trail
- Saban on Richt: ‘I hate to see these kinds of things’
- Current UGA players react to end of the Mark Richt era
- Richt’s former players ‘surprised’ by the news
- Hiring Mark Richt remains Vince Dooley’s proudest achievement
- UGA should think twice before hiring Kirby Smart
- National media reacts to Mark Richt being ousted at UGA
- Jeremy Pruitt with recruit Mecole Hardman’s mother when news broke
- UGA commits react to the firing of Mark Richt
- UGA targets react to Mark Richt’s firing
- Greg McGarity’s career will be defined by his first major hire
- A small vigil held outside of Butts-Mehre for Richt