Justin Fields was named Mr. Georgia Football by the Touchdown Club of Atlanta on Thursday night.
Now, Fields and Fromm will be competing for the starting quarterback job at Georgia once spring practices open.
Fields, an early enrollee at UGA, sported a “Power G” pin on his lapel at the season-ending awards banquet Thursday night. The Harrison (Kennesaw, Ga.) alum wasn’t permitted to speak to the media at the event, but he held a brief question-and-answer session with a club member on the podium after he accepted his award.
Among the topics discussed were:
- How is his broken finger healing? He recently had an X-ray.
- What has the transition from high school to UGA been like?
- Is the UGA playbook intimidating?
- How excited is he to compete for a spot at UGA?
Fields was one of 10 incoming Georgia Bulldogs honored by the Atlanta Touchdown Club. Adam Anderson, another 5-star UGA signee, was recognized as the club’s Bobby Dodd National Lineman of the Year.
Notables such as Trent Thompson, Robert Nkemdiche and Jadeveon Clowney have received that honor in the past.
Dominick Blaylock, a 5-star junior UGA commit from Walton High, was the recepient of the Georgia Little Peach Top Underclassman of the Year on offense.
The following members of Georgia’s 2018 recruiting class were named to the TCA All-State team:
- K/P Jake Camarda, Norcross (3-star UGA signee)
- DE Brenton Cox, Stockbridge (5-star UGA early enrollee)
- OL Warren Ericson, North Gwinnett (4-star UGA early enrollee)
- TE John FitzPatrick, Marist (4-star UGA signee)
- OL Trey Hill, Houston County (4-star UGA early enrollee)
- DL Azeez Ojulari, Marietta (4-star UGA signee)
- OL Jamaree Salyer, Pace Academy (5-star UGA signee)
- CB Chris Smith, Hapeville Charter (4-star UGA signee)