Watch: Vince Dooley thanks former players, fans, UGA community for ‘Dooley Field’ honor
Georgia football fans get a preview of the upcoming game each week with the Marlow’s Matchup — presented by Marlow’s Tavern. DawgNation’s Brandon Adams and former UGA All-American Jon Stinchcomb break down the opponent and discuss how Kirby Smart, Jake Fromm and the Bulldogs might go all the way to a national championship this season. On this edition of the Marlow’s Matchup, the guys discuss how UGA will overcome injuries to right tackle Isaiah Wilson and wide receiver Kearis Jackson, and legendary coach and athletic director Vince Dooley shares words of thanks for the honor of having the field at Sanford Stadium named after him.
Vince Dooley thanks former players, fans, UGA community for ‘Dooley Field’ honor
Georgia hosts Murray State on Saturday as a 49-point favorite after winning 30-6 at Vanderbilt in the season opener last week. SEC road games prohibit more than 70 players traveling with the team. That means for a few Bulldogs players Saturday will be their first opportunity to earn playing time this season.
We’ll discuss that on this edition of the Marlow’s Matchup with former UGA All-American Jon Stinchcomb.
We’ll also hear from legendary former Bulldogs coach and athletic director Vince Dooley on his feelings about having the field at Sanford Stadium named in his honor in a ceremony scheduled to take place prior to kickoff vs. the Racers.
Some of the other topics covered on this edition of the Marlow’s Matchup include…
- How UGA responds to injuries to right tackle Isaiah Wilson and wide receiver Kearis Jackson
- Jon’s challenge to the UGA offensive line to improve its pass protection
- Hearing from UGA coach Kirby Smart about his perception of the value of playing FCS opponents and Smart’s description of what UGA quarterback Jake Fromm’s doing when he steps to the line of scrimmage
- Hearing from Bulldogs linebacker Azeez Ojulari after recording six tackles and a sack vs. Vanderbilt
- And hearing from UGA running back D’Andre Swift about the Bulldogs offense
Tune in to the Marlow’s Matchup each Thursday night at 6:00 pm on the DawgNation video channels, and be sure to join DawgNation at Marlow’s Tavern in Peachtree Corners Thursday, Sept. 19 for a live broadcast, and a chance to hang out and talk about the Bulldogs.