ATHENS — It’s now as official. Really, finally and absolutely official: Jacob Eason is enrolled at Georgia.
So are several other high-profile, promising football prospects. UGA confirmed on Monday afternoon that Eason, the possible starting quarterback for Georgia in 2016, is on campus for the spring semester, along with five others.
They will be able to participate in spring practice with new head coach Kirby Smart and his staff. Here is the full list of players a team spokesman confirmed were on campus and going to classes as of Monday:
- Eason, the five-star quarterback from Lake Stevens, Wash., who committed over a year ago when Mark Richt was the head coach and Mike Bobo was the offensive coordinator. Smart came aboard last month and, along with his new offensive coordinator Jim Chaney, was able to get Eason to re-affirm his commitment.
- Riley Ridley – also known as Cavin Ridley, who was hardly even on Georgia’s radar screen until James Coley was hired as receivers coach. Coley had been the offensive coordinator at Miami, and Ridley is from nearby Deerfield Beach, Fla. Ridley’s older brother is Alabama starting freshman receiver Calvin Ridley. His younger brother is now going by Riley instead of Cavin.
- Isaac Nauta, the five-star tight end from Bradenton, Fla., who officially committed to Georgia on Saturday.
- Ben Cleveland, the offensive tackle fro Toccoa who had also been committed to Georgia for some time. Cleveland is rated a four-star prospect by the 247Sports Composite.
- Julian Rochester, the defensive lineman from Powder Springs, who is also rated a four-star prospect.
- Chad Clay, a cornerback from Suwanee who is rated as a three-star prospects.