Todd Monken to interview with Tampa Bay on Tuesday: ‘A strong candidate to take his old job’
Rumors surrounding Todd Monken have been swirling from the moment Tampa Bay moved on from former offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich.
According to NFL insider Ian Rappoport, Monken will formally interview with Tampa on Tuesday, a day before National Signing Day. What should be concerning for Georgia fans is what Rapoport reported regarding Monken’s chances.
Related: Todd Monken NFL rumors the price of championships for Georgia football
Monken is under contract for two more seasons at Georgia. He took the job prior to the start of the 2020 season.
Georgia has not yet seen anyone leave its coaching staff this offseason after having to replace four coaches last offseason.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Former Georgia tight end Ryland Goede announces he is transferring within the SEC
- Georgia football podcast: The Todd Monken story takes another twist
- Date announced for 2023 Georgia football spring game
- Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean bring ‘The Bulldog effect’ to Super Bowl LVII
- 4 Georgia players making first impressions on NFL decision makers at Senior Bowl
- Georgia football 2023 signees who could outperform their recruiting rankings
- What social media is saying following Georgia’s massive recruiting weekend
- Richard Seymour, Garrison Hearst nominated for College Football Hall of Fame
- Why Kirby Smart is just fine with his program still being compared to Alabama
- Georgia football Next Generation: Peyton Woodring aims to be the ‘best kicker that’s ever kicked’ at UGA
- Kirby Smart blunt on Georgia team culture: ‘If they don’t want to be here, I’d rather them go ahead and leave’
NextFormer Georgia tight end Ryland Goede announces he is transferring …