Tyre West: Prized Georgia commit hints at potentially dominant D-line in 2022 class
Want to attack every day with the latest UGA football recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. This entry shares a conversation held with prized Georgia 2022 DT commit Tyre West out of Tift County. He is a very well-connected prospect in the next cycle in Georgia.
Tyre West will smile at you like his head already holds a vast ocean of secrets. Maybe.
Or that may be just the dream of what could be for the defensive line class at UGA for this cycle. The one thing for certain is that he’s a Bulldog. The nation’s No. 5 DT and the No. 47 overall recruit for the 2022 cycle (247Sports Composite) is not budging on that one.
“Most definitely a Bulldog,” West said. “No matter what. Most definitely excited to see what is going to happen with the rest of this 2022 class, too.”
West is intrigued by what the future holds for this class with some key decisions in the months to come. He’s already been teased by the present.
“It was a jump up-and-down moment,” West said. “I’m so pumped about this class that is coming up. It is unbelievable. It can be unbelievable. It will be unbelievable.”
He’s thinking of the defensive line there.
“The defense, man,” he said. “You’ve got Bear. You’ve got me. Soon Mykel. Hopefully. Soon. Others.”
Let’s just call them potential fist-pumps for the potential of the 2022 recruiting class at Georgia. A very recent conversation with Mr. West in the building covered the following:
- He knew what “THE BIG BEAR” Alexander was planning with his appreciation for UGA well in advance of his commitment decision back on Feb. 3.
- West is a tireless class advocate basically pouring a honey potion’s worth of pro-UGA positives into the ears of prized D-line targets Christen Miller and Mykel Williams.
The Alexander connection is also interesting.
“We talked every day,” West said. “We had been talking every day. Man, that man is hilarious. I promise you. Man, we are always laughing. Me. Him. Mykel. We are always laughing with one another. Every day basically.”
When one wonders if Georgia will be able to hold onto the strapping Texan in the class, he sounds confident.
“He is a Bulldog,” West said. “I knew from a certain amount of time of just talking to him. It was like I knew about him. He knew about me. It was all we had to tell people. If you are a good defensive player and I am a good defensive player, then let’s play together. Let’s be something the other guys can’t stop together.”
Mykel Williams, the top-rated lineman in the state of Georgia, is set to make his decision on March 15. What has he been telling him?
“It would be a good experience,” he said. “It would be a great experience to be a ‘Dawg. Facts.”
He’s basically been putting the names on the depth chart already.
“We’ve got Big Bear already,” West said. “We’ve got me. Then if we add him? That’s a scary sight already. Then soon it could be even better with Chris coming. I want to see Chris coming, too.”
Chris would be the most recent Chuck Smith Late Night Pass Rush Get off Champion. Christen Miller, the All-American Bowl pick from Cedar Grove is set to make his decision known on April 4.
— Jeff Sentell (@jeffsentell) February 15, 2021
West is taking ownership of trying to land the recruitments of Miller and West for this class.
“If we don’t get them,” he said of Miller and Williams. “That will be on me. That will be on my part. That’s been my job most definitely. I’m going to get putting it in their heads 24 and 7 about coming to both be ‘Dawgs. Yes, sir.”
West has a list of other names.
“I’ve really got to go to my phone to give you a list of all these boys that I want to be ‘Dawgs,” he said.
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Mykel Williams: Priority DL target is down to a few schools leading up to March 15 decision
- Amarius Mims: The legacy he left behind on Georgia high school football
- WATCH: 2021 signee Dylan Fairchild wins the 7A state heavyweight wrestling title
- Dylan Fairchild, the 5-second pin and his quest to repeat as a state wrestling champion
- Terrence Edwards breaks down Adonai Mitchell in the DawgNation film room
- DawgNation Film Room: Terrence Edwards on Jackson Meeks
- Tre’Quon Fegans: Why Georgia feels like “home” for the top 100 overall prospect
- Georgia football: DawgNation’s ultimate 2021 class yearbook
- BREAKING: Terrion Arnold commits to Alabama
- What is Terrion Arnold thinking on the morning of his big decision?
- Big Bear Alexander: When you know this 5-star’s real story, you will be proud
- De’Nylon Morrissette: Gunner Stockton to UGA changes up his outlook considerably
- WATCH: Gunner Stockton’s feet are planted long term; Says he’ll graduate from UGA
- Gunner Stockton: The must-read stories to know on Georgia’s new 5-star QB commit
- Recruits react on social media to the Gunner Stockton decision
- BREAKING: Gunner Stockton makes his final decision to commit to UGA
- Oscar Delp: Georgia continues its all-out blitz recruiting for its No. 1 TE target for 2022
- Malaki Starks: How does the Charlton Warren news affect the priority 5-star ATH?
- Mykel Williams: State’s top-rated junior DL prospect ramps up his decision timeline
- Kojo Antwi: Speedy in-state WR is a huge name to know in the 2022 class
- In-state safety Emory Floyd in on the shortlist of the fastest prospects in the 2022 class
- Emmanuel Henderson: Nation’s No. 1 junior RB already has a strong link to UGA
- Jalon Walker: The All-American LB target who rattles teeth and aspires to fix them