JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Georgia-Florida rivalry features two top 10 teams for the first time since 2008, and it’s the first time ESPN College GameDay has been in attendance since 2005.
Kirk Herbstreit, the star of the ESPN College GameDay show took to Twitter to recruit fans to come out and support the show at 9 a.m. on Friday in Metropolitan Park outside the stadium.
“We’d love to see as many Florida and Georgia fans as we can have to show America how big of a deal this rivalry is,” said Herbstreit, who has been a part of the centerpiece show since 1996.
Earlier in the week, Herbstreit told DawgNation he compares the scene to that of the annual “Red River Shootout” between Oklahoma and Texas at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
“This is used to be one we would go to when (Steve) Spurrier was there almost every year, and we went go when Urban Meyer was there, we went a bunch of times,” Herbstreit said. “It’s a huge party leading up to the game.
“The years I’ve been people used to kid that, ‘Georgia wins Friday night and Florida wins Saturday’s game,’ but we’ll see how it goes now.”
— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) October 25, 2018
Georgia football-Florida details
• Time: The game kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET Saturday
• Date: Oct. 27, 2018
• Location: TIAA Bank Field, Jacksonville, Fla.
• Weather forecast: Partly cloudy and breezy with gusts of 15 mph, a high of 73 and a low of 57.
DawgNation Georgia football coverage
• Watch: Brandon Adams and Jeff Sentell on the postgame show via DawgNation Facebook page.
How to watch Georgia-Florida on TV
The Georgia-LSU game will be televised on the CBS Network. Brad Nessler will handle the play-by-play call and Gary Danielson will provide analysis. Jamie Erdahl is the sideline reporter.
How to stream Georgia-Florida football
The game can be streamed online at GTV on georgiadogs.com.
Where to find Georgia-Florida on radio
The game will be broadcast on WSB 95.5 FM, 750 AM, along with other Georgia Bulldog Sport Network (IMG) radio affiliates. Scott Howard is on the play-by-play call, Eric Zeier is the color analyst, and Chuck Dowdle is the sideline reporter.
Satellite radio for Georgia football vs. Florida
The game will be broadcast on Sirius channel 121 and XM channel 192 (Georgia broadcast).
Georgia-Florida football game notes
• Georgia players Boss Bailey and Aaron Murray are being inducted into the Georgia-Florida Hall of Fame presented by Ruth’s Chris as part of the Georgia-Florida Weekend.
• The Bulldogs are on pace to set a single-season scoring record, averaging 39 points per game The record (37.8) was set in 2012.
• The team that rushes for the most yards has won the past 12 games
• Both teams are coming off a bye week. The teams are 3-3 in previous instances of such.
• Georgia leads the all-time series 51-43-2
• Georgia football beat Florida last season, 42-7
• Florida players Alex Brown and Percy Harvin are being inducted into the Georgia-Florida Hall of Fame presented by Ruth’s Chris at the 23rd annual luncheon at TIAA Bank Field.
DawgNation Georgia football stories