ORLANDO, Fla., — Zach Evans was supposed to be announcing his college decision on Thursday night during the fourth quarter of the Under Armour All-American Game. That will now no longer be the case, as DawgNation confirmed with an Under Armour spokesperson that Evans will no longer be announcing his college decision on Thursday.
Evans had narrowed his decision down to Georgia, LSU and Alabama, with many speculating that Georgia was the favorite to land the No. 1 running back in the country. Evans is the No. 14 overall prospect in the country and comes from Houston.
DawgNation caught up with Evans earlier in the week, where he said he had signed with a program and that he had would be enrolling early.
“They have never shown any love lost,” Evans said of Georgia. “That’s how I feel. I feel like coach [Dell] McGee has never put me in the dirt like ‘Oh, I am going to stop talking to you or something’ and he always kept me around the loose and let me know what was up. Lacing me up. Just keep me on the right track. Checking on me and stuff like that.”
Georgia has already signed Kendall Milton, who is the No. 37 overall prospect in the country according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He is already in Athens as he enrolled early at Georgia. Milton committed to Georgia back in July and signed with the Bulldogs back in December.
Evans was set to be one of three Georgia targets announcing on Thursday night. Darnell Washington, a 5-star athlete out of Las Vegas, will announce his decision at halftime. Dontae Manning, a 4-star cornerback out of Kansas City, Mo., will now be announcing his decision in the fourth quarter.
Kelee Ringo, the nation’s No. 1 cornerback, will be announcing his decision on Saturday in San Antonio, Texas as a part of the All-American Bowl.
This is not the first time that Evans has delayed an announcement, as he’s now done this multiple times over the course of his recruitment.
The 2020 Under Armour All-American game is set for a 6 p.m. start. The game will be broadcast on ESPN2.
Georgia running back target Zach Evans
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Theo Johnson offered up an opinion that says a lot about 5-star target Darnell Washington and Georgia tight ends coach Todd Hartley
- Arian Smith: The day after the big “L” from LSU, he gave Georgia a recruiting win
- WATCH: Brodrick Jones and Jalen Carter reps highlight the Day 3 one-on-one battles
- WATCH: Marcus Rosemy, Arian Smith explain what they’re bringing to the Georgia football wide receiver room
- How Georgia football ended up missing on Tank Bigsby, Theo Johnson and some of its top targets
- PHOTOS: Check out the Georgia football recruits on Day 2 of Under Armour All-American Bowl practices
- Elite RB signee Kendall Milton chooses to report earlier than expected to UGA
- WATCH: Georgia signee Arian Smith wins “Fastest Man” challenge at Under Armour
- Even before hiring Matt Luke, Chad Lindberg knew he was ‘the guy’ for Georgia football
- Sedrick Van Pran-Granger: All-American OL still feels ‘comfortable’ as a Georgia commit
- Incoming freshman Jalen Carter feels he can play a Tyler Clark-type role as a freshman
- What we learned about Georgia football recruits, targets at Under Armour All-American game media day
- Dontae Manning contrasts Georgia football and Oregon ahead of Jan. 2 announcement
- All-American week snapshot: Which UGA signees and targets play where
- Jordan Burch: Why Georgia didn’t even crack his final 3
- 5-star RB Zach Evans shares ‘strongest connection’ and scope of the decision before Jan. 2 announcement
- Even Mekhail Sherman was surprised when Kirby Smart, Georgia football flipped Jermaine Burton
- Broderick Jones: The 5-star OT details why he is still committed to Georgia