BREAKING: ‘Dawgs flip massive in-state senior OT prospect Jamal Meriweather
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-star OT Jamal Meriweather. He ranks as the nation’s No. 46 OT and the No. 604 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Jamal Meriweather is 6 feet, 7 inches tall. He weighs approximately 285 pounds.
And he’s now a Georgia Bulldog.
Meriweather fits the bill for what the ‘Dawgs look for under veteran offensive line coach Stacy Searels who is back for his second tenure in Athens.
The Brunswick High senior chose early Monday evening to flip his commitment from Central Florida to UGA. The 3-star prospect had been committed to the Knights since April 17, 2022.
It was tough for him to back off his pledge to Central Florida, but he said that UGA was the only school he would have done that for.
“I went to Georgia for a camp and this was before I had any schools looking at me,” Meriweather said. “When I had went to their camp I was like ‘I like the facility. I like the weight room. I like how the school is’ and I remember and I called my Dad.”
“I was like ‘Dad this is the school right here’ and after that I have never been to a school like Georgia. I always loved Georgia. I just never got the opportunity to get an offer and it just now finally came.”
Georgia offered on Sunday. He slept on it. When he spoke to Kirby Smart on the phone on Monday, he told the head coach of the nation’s No. 1 team he was ready to be a ‘Dawg.
Georgia redshirt junior offensive tackle Warren McClendon played a major role here. He kept talking up Meriweather with the Georgia staff.
When McClendon came home to Brunswick, he made sure to check up on and even work out with Meriweather.
The two-sport athlete (football and track for discus) played right tackle this fall. That was because the Pirates has a left-handed quarterback this fall.
He has at least a couple of official visits left. Kentucky and UCF were his two officials. Look for him to take an official to UGA later this month.
December has always been a month for flips and fireworks for the ‘Dawgs on the recruiting trail. That now makes back-to-back days in which the ‘Dawgs have added a 2023 commitment. Georgia also picked up the long-sought public pledge from 5-star EDGE Sam M’Pemba at roughly the same time on Sunday night.
Check out his senior film below.
His HUDL highlights tout him as a “Beast” in the opening scene.
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with 2023 commits CJ Allen, AJ Harris and Jamaal Jarrett.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- BREAKING: 5-star EDGE Sam M’Pemba decides it is time to be a ‘Dawg
- Vincent Carroll-Jackson: First-year football player breaks down inspiring UGA offer
- Decision Day preview: 5-star EDGE Sam M’Pemba is set to make his college decision
- While the ‘Dawgs keep chopping it is time to put some respect on this historic winning tear
- Demello Jones: 2024 “freak athlete” is already very high on the ‘Dawgs
- CJ Jackson: ‘Dawgs are now a major contender for fast-rising EDGE after Tech visit
- Mason Short: 5-star in-state sophomore OT already sees a tough decision up ahead
- Bo Hughley: Prized OT says his pledge to UGA remains strong
- CJ Jackson: ‘Dawgs extend a big in-state offer to dynamic under-the-radar EDGE prospect
- Jordon Davison: The nation’s No. 1 sophomore RB has now taken four trips to see UGA
- Demarcus Riddick: How the nation’s No. 2 LB grew up a ‘Dawg living in Alabama
- LOOK: Priority 5-star Georgia target Sam M’Pemba rocks Kirby Smart jersey on photo shoot
- Sentell’s Intel: The Mississippi State win reflects the strength of the 2020 recruiting class at UGA
- 5-star Peyton Woodyard compares his feelings on UGA now to a blockbuster Marvel movie
- LOOK: Georgia commit Peyton Woodring breaks Louisiana state record with a 60-yard field goal
- David Sanders Jr: Nation’s No. 1 sophomore prospect gushes about “amazing” first UGA trip
- Ellis Robinson IV: Nation’s No. 1 junior CB is not sure how his feelings can get stronger for UGA
- PHOTOS: Check out the historic day for recruits as Georgia whips Tennessee
- BREAKING: Nation’s No. 2 LB Demarcus Riddick commits to Georgia
- BREAKING: Georgia adds a cornerback with 4.38 speed to the class in Chris Peal
- INTEL BREAKDOWN: Georgia already has a gamebreaker WR on the way in 4-star Tyler Williams
- Eddrick Houston: The 5-star junior already feels like a must-get for the ‘Dawgs in 2024
- Electric 5-star junior ATH Mike Matthews shares what he likes best about Georgia
- Lawson Luckie: The real reason this remarkable young man committed to Georgia will touch your heart