BREAKING: ‘Dawgs add big-time junior QB Ryan Puglisi to their 2024 class
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 3-star junior QB Ryan Puglisi. He ranks as the nation’s No. 27 QB and the No. 359 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.
Ryan Puglisi had that look on his face Saturday at Georgia. He was very much in love with the thought of being the quarterback of the future at Georgia.
Forget that 3-star ranking here. Flush it. Focus on the fact that he can throw a football 73 yards in the air and fire a baseball 93 miles per hour on the radar gun.
That’s the skill set for the 6-foot-3, 205-pound junior quarterback that committed to Georgia on Sunday evening.
The Avon Old Farms Academy prep school standout was visiting Athens this weekend.
Puglisi had picked up an offer from Georgia over the summer. He picked up offers from Alabama and Georgia on back-to-back days in June.
When he came to Georgia, it was already after he had thrown very well for Todd Monken during the spring. When he arrived in Athens back in the summer, Monken met him and his coach at 11 o’clock in the evening.
That’s when Puglisi began his UGA visit with Monken showing him around and giving him the tour.
The ‘Dawgs offered him that next day after a workout. He had a great chat with Georgia head coach Kirby Smart and that offer was sent his way.
As he watched his recruiting process unfold, he found that Alabama and Georgia were the two schools that recruited him harder than any other program.
When he made the trip to Georgia without any other visits planned, it was pretty likely what was going to happen. This commitment is also quite pertinent for the future of the Georgia football program given that the Bulldogs do not have a quarterback commitment for the 2023 cycle.
Georgia now has five commitments in the 2024 class. That ranks the program No. 3 nationally for that cycle on the 247Sports’ Team Composite rankings up to this point.
Here’s a program oddity under Kirby Smart: At this time, every one of those five public commitments is slated for the offensive side of the ball.
Check out his junior season highlights up to this point.
Did you know the weekly DawgNation.com "Before the Hedges" program is available as an Apple podcast? Click to check it out and download it.
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with 2023 commits CJ Allen, AJ Harris and Jamaal Jarrett.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Gimme 5: What is Georgia really getting in new 2024 ATH commit Sacovie White?
- Elite 2024 QB target Ryan Puglisi “loves Georgia” and will visit with his family for Vanderbilt
- Jordan “BigBaby” Hall breaks down what he loves about Georgia, Tray Scott and Athens
- BREAKING: 4-star RB Roderick Robinson II flips his commitment to be a ‘Dawg!
- BREAKING: 4-star junior WR Sacovie White shuts down his recruiting early to play for UGA
- PHOTOS: Check out the photos, stay for the Intel on the biggest recruiting gameday of the season so far
- Georgia football recruiting: Massive visitor list for Auburn headlined by Roderick Robinson and Damon Wilson officials
- Roderick Robinson: The intel on the “Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robot” RB that Georgia hopes to flip
- Electric 5-star junior ATH Mike Matthews shares what he likes best about Georgia
- LB commit Raylen Wilson on schools hoping for a flip: “They’re trying but I’m not replying”
- Georgia football recruiting: 10 things DawgNation learned seeing at least five future ‘Dawgs play in three states in five days
- BREAKING: Priority All-American WR target Tyler Williams chooses the “Dawgs
- Sam M’Pemba: 5-star target shares what he thought of that pregame lap around Sanford Stadium with Kirby Smart
- Lawson Luckie: The real reason this remarkable young man committed to Georgia will touch your heart