Georgia football recruiting: Call it the live period as UGA has a busy first day back
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s what the Intel brings. This entry is about the latest from the first day back on-campus.
That dead period went through full 15 rounds. 16 months even. That said, it finally couldn’t make the 10-count.
For the next month, we might just start calling the pipeline of elite prospects to UGA to check out all the news bells and whistles of Georgia’s new $80 million team facility as the live period.
It was live in Athens on Tuesday. From everything to camps to big-time 5-star visitors.
Here’s a sampling of what we’ve already seen shared across social media.
- 5-star S Kamari Wilson also made a surprise trip to check out Georgia early in advance of another big weekend visit. He’s the nation’s No. 1 safety prospect for the 2022 cycle. We can sum up his recruiting to this point by saying that the Bulldogs have done an extremely good job so far wooing the nation’s No. 24 overall recruit.
The recruiting world just didn’t spin around Clarke County on Tuesday. Several other power programs and big UGA rivals had their days back at it, too.
FSU started things off at a 12:01 a.m. event by welcoming the core of their 2022 class back through the doors, including the magnificent Metro Atlanta 5-star commitment Travis Hunter.
What else was of note on Tuesday?
- 5-star DT Mykel Williams, the No. 1 target for some time now on DawgNation’s “Before the Hedges” program was at Florida on Tuesday for a BBQ and a photoshoot.
- DawgNation had been told to expect to see 4-star priority WR target Evan Stewart also show up at Florida on Tuesday, if not later this week.
- All-American WR and TE prospects Kojo Antwi and Oscar Delp both made the trip to Tuscaloosa together to check out Alabama for official visits on June 1. Those two are very close friends and will be in Athens on their official visits this weekend with the hopeful remaining core of the Georgia offensive class for the 2022 cycle.
- It was a big class for Clemson to extend their offers to a jungle of elite prospects in the 2023 cycle. The Tigers offered 5-stars DE LT Overton, 5-star DT Peter Woods, 5-star CB Tony Mitchell and also Bryant on Tuesday.
- Former UGA running back commitment Treyaun Webb was also at Florida on Tuesday. He was the first commitment for the Bulldogs in the class of 2023. He made that pledge back in the 2019 season at the Missouri game, but he went on to de-commit over the last year.
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with Georgia football names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff. You can find it here.
(check on the recent recruiting reads on DawgNation.com)
- Who’s visiting UGA on a busy first day back for on-campus recruiting?
- Big Bear Alexander will be in Athens on June 1
- Branson Robinson: The choir boy RB target than can run a 4.49 and bench press 410 pounds
- Deyon Bouie: The 5-star commit is still “locked-in” with UGA
- 5-star LB Jeremiah Alexander outlines his June 3 visit to UGA
- California OL Earnest Greene III plans to take a visit to UGA
- Amari Sabb: Georgia offers the younger brother of 5-star ATH Keon Sabb
- WATCH: Georgia WR commitment De’Nylon Morrissette breaks free for a 99-yard TD
- Nation’s No. 2 TE Oscar Delp hints at a strong family connection to UGA
- Georgia legacy Marcus Washington Jr. will also be a Bulldog
- 5-star UGA commit Malaki Starks win the Georgia state long jump title
- Jalon Walker named Gatorade North Carolina Player of the Year after his junior season
- Brock Vandagriff named Gatorade Georgia Player of the Year for 2020
- Jalon Walker: All-American LB commit reflects on his “Chip” win
- Georgia loses yet another recruiter to Texas A&M
- All-American LB commit Jalon Walker set to play for North Carolina state title
- Azeez Ojulari: His two NFL Draft days covered the longest 26 hours of his life
- De’Nylon Morrissette: 4-star in-state WR prospect chooses UGA
- The Big Bear Alexander: 5-star DT is “rock-solid” with his UGA commitment
- Aaron Bryant: 2022 DT target already slobbers like a Bulldog
- Marcus Washington Jr.: Legacy defender with 4.4 laser speed picks up big UGA offer
- Recruiting ranking updates led to a new highest-rated UGA commit for 2022
- Georgia football freshman report: Red 28, Black 23
- Raymond Cottrell: Georgia is the team to beat for top 70 overall 2023 prospect at WR
- Budding Malaki Starks and Jalon Walker friendship will be one to watch
- Elite California OL Earnest Greene III has unique family ties to Georgia
- Addison Nichols: Elite OL truly has an All-American resume
- All-American OL Tyler Booker explains why UGA made his final five
- Nation’s No. 1 RB Branson Robinson shares deep connections to UGA
- Malaki Starks: The vital DawgNation read on a 5-star anchor commit
- Bear Alexander: When you know this 5-star’s real story, you will be proud