Georgia tight end target Walker Lyons commits to USC
One of Georgia’s top targets entering National Signing Day has made a decision. But instead of joining Georgia’s tight end room, Walker Lyons will instead be heading to USC.
Lyons is the No. 5 tight end recruit in the country. He announced his decision on Twitter.
As it stands, Georgia has 25 signees in its 2023 signing class and sits No. 2 overall in the class rankings. Even landing Lyons and Robinson would not have been enough to bump Georgia up in the rankings ahead of Alabama.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Ryan Day still upset about Marvin Harrison Jr hit, targeting non-call in loss to Georgia
- National Signing Day: Georgia football 2023 recruiting class live updates, commits and signees
- Georgia captain Chris Smith: Senior Bowl ‘a blessing,’ eager to compete and solidify draft stock
- Big question looms for UGA’s pursuit of 5-star recruit
- WATCH: Georgia’s Warren McClendon recalls night of tragic crash, returns to football field
- ESPN says South Carolina game will be ‘Georgia’s first real test’ in 2023
- Examining the state of the Georgia football-Auburn rivalry as SEC schedule change looms
- WATCH: Georgia football helps move Troy Bowles, other 2023 signees into dorms
- Georgia football game times, TV networks announced for UT-Martin, Ball State games
- Kirby Smart explains how NIL has ‘put a premium’ on a specific type of recruit for Georgia
NextDuce Robinson: Priority 5-star target shares his thoughts on any …