Georgia ranked No. 6 in first College Football Playoff rankings
The first College Football Playoff rankings were released on Tuesday night and the Georgia Bulldogs came in at No. 6.
Georgia is behind one-loss teams LSU, who Georgia lost to, and Michigan. The three unbeaten teams, Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame, are also ahead of the Bulldogs. Alabama is No. 1, Clemson is No. 2, LSU is No. 3, Notre Dame at No. 4 and Michigan at No. 5.
A total of seven SEC teams are ranked in the first set of rankings. Kentucky is No. 9, Florida is at No. 11, Mississippi State is ranked No. 18 and Texas A&M is No. 20. Georgia plays Kentucky this Saturday in a game that will determine who will represent the SEC East in the SEC Championship game. Alabama and LSU also play this weekend, so there is a chance that Georgia moves up in the rankings, should it win, after this weekend.
The College Football Playoff rankings come out every Tuesday from now until Sunday, Dec. 2, which is when the final College Football Playoff rankings will come out. The teams ranked in the top four in those final rankings will participate in the College Football Playoff.
Georgia was ranked No. 1 in the initial College Football Playoff rankings last season and the Bulldogs went on to make the College Football Playoff, even after losing to Auburn.
Georgia and Kentucky kickoff at 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS on Saturday. You can also hear the game on WSB Radio 95.5 FM/750 AM.
College Football Playoff rankings, week 10
4. Notre Dame
8. Washington State
10. Ohio State
13. West Virginia
14. Penn State
18. Mississippi State
20. Texas A&M
21. NC State
22. Boston College
23. Fresno State
24. Iowa State
Best stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football sophomore WR Jeremiah Holloman providing much-needed boost
- Why Kentucky may come to regret giving Georgia some billboard material
- By the Numbers: UGA still right in middle of Playoff race
- 5-star WR target Jadon Haselwood has changed up his UGA official visit plan
- Georgia football podcast: Hype already building for UGA’s trip to Kentucky
- What the national media had to say about Georgia after beating Florida
- WATCH: The legend of Georgia’s Rodrigo ‘Rec Specs’ Blankenship was born in Kentucky
- Florida player shows shocking photo of himself choking Georgia TE Jackson Harris
- WATCH: Georgia track star Keturah Orji never dreamed of being NCAA woman of year