ATHENS — The Georgia Bulldogs slid into the coveted No. 4 spot in the Week 14 rankings released on Tuesday night in the latest College Football Playoff rankings. The Bulldogs moved up due to Michigan’s loss to Ohio State last week. Georgia was also moved up to 4 in both the AP Poll and the Coaches Poll earlier this week.
Georgia is now the top ranked one-loss team in the country. The Bulldogs (11-1) are coming off a great performance great performance in a 45-21 win over Georgia Tech on Saturday. Quarterback Jake Fromm connected on 13 of his 16 passes and threw for four touchdowns as well and the Bulldogs limited the Yellow Jackets, which came in with the nation’s No. 1 rushing offense, to a season-low 128 rushing yards.
The top 3 in the CFP rankings were unchanged after No. 1 Alabama hammered Auburn, No. 2 Clemson dispatched South Carolina and No. 3 Notre Dame took down Southern Cal. Michigan fell to No. 7 after its 62-39 loss to Ohio State. Oklahoma stayed ahead of Ohio State at 5 and 6 respectively.
Oklahoma takes on Texas this week in the Big 12 championship game while Ohio State plays Northwestern in the Big Ten title game. Clemson faces on Pitt in the ACC Championship game. Notre Dame’s regular season is over, all but locking the Fighting Irish into the College Football Playoffs.
Georgia will play Alabama this coming Saturday in the SEC Championship game, in what will be a de-facto play-in game for the College Football Playoff. The Bulldogs and Crimson Tide met in Atlanta for the national championship game last season, with the Crimson Tide coming away with a 26-23 victory in overtime.
With the regular season in the books, a total of seven SEC teams are ranked. LSU falls to No. 10 after its seven-overtime loss against Texas A&M, who is now No. 20. Florida came in at No. 9, Kentucky is No. 15, Mississippi State comes in at No. 18 Missouri rounds things at out at No. 24.
The final College Football Playoff rankings will be announced on Sunday. The top four teams on Sunday will be the four teams playing in the College Football Playoff.
Below you can see a full ranking for this week’s College Football Playoff rankings:
College Football Playoff rankings week 14
1. Alabama (12-0)
2. Clemson (12-0)
3. Notre Dame (12-0)
4. Georgia (11-1)
5. Oklahoma (11-1)
6. Ohio State (10-1)
12. Penn State
13. Washington State
17. West Virginia
18. Mississippi State
19. Texas A&M
22. Boise State
23. Iowa State
25. Fresno State
Best stories from around DawgNation
- Elijah Holyfield’s dad can tutor Georgia football in shocking the world
- WATCH: Alabama’s Christian Miller says game plan ‘to be as disruptive as we can’
- Dawgs in NFL: Nick Chubb making folks rethink that ‘can’t catch’ assessment
- ESPN’s Greg McElroy explains why Georgia can play its best football game of the year on Saturday
- WATCH: Alabama’s top offensive lineman recognizes Georgia football progress, standard
- WATCH: The Kirby Smart media session for the SEC championship bout with Alabama
- WATCH: Georgia’s Jake Fromm keeps his routine for SEC Championship Game week
- Does Georgia have to beat Alabama for this season to be a success?