Georgia football 2020 NFL Draft and free-agent signings
ATHENS — The 2020 NFL Draft ended Saturday night with Georgia linebacker Tae Crowder being selected by the New York Giants with the 255th and final pick.
But not before some twists and turns and Georgia football draft drama.
Offensive tackles Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson had gotten the draft started on a strong note on Thursday, both going higher than projected in the first round.
Thomas went No. 4 overall to the New York Giants, and Wilson was the No. 29 overall pick to the Tennessee Titans. It was quite a start for the so-called “Great Wall.”
But then there was the first-day disappointment of D’Andre Swift slipping out of the first round.
Day Two, more excitement, with Detroit pouncing on Swift early in the second round. UGA fans couldn’t help but notice Swift went No. 35 overall, the same as Nick Chubb in 2018. It was a good omen, if ever there was one.
But then again, there was some anguish, as Jake Fromm fell into Day Three after many had hoped the former UGA captain could impress at least one team enough to be viewed as a future starter.
Solomon Kindley — not Fromm — was the first Georgia player taken on Saturday. Kindley, once nicknamed “Big Fish,” was scooped up by Miami.
Fromm slipped to the fifth round, drafted into a challenging circumstance in Buffalo.
Charlie Woerner was a solid pick for San Francisco in the sixth round, but then the draft fell silent for Georgia offensive players.
Crowder getting selected enabled the 2020 Georgia draft class to equal 2019 with seven players picked.
Afterward, there were plenty of free-agent signings.
At the time of this publication, the following players had reported free-agent deals:
RB Brian Herrien, Cleveland Browns
WR Lawrence Cager, New York Jets
TE Eli Wolf, Baltimore Ravens
WR Tyler Simmons, Houston Texans
DB Tyrique McGhee, Los Angeles Rams
DL Tyler Clark, Cincinnati Bengals
Not yet reported:
DE David Marshall
DT Michael Barnett
This story will be updated when new information becomes available.
Georgia football 2020 NFL Draft
- J.R. Reed lands with the Jacksonville Jaguars as undrafted free agent
- Tae Crowder taken as Mr. Irrelevant by the New York Giants in 2020 NFL Draft
- Kirby Smart calls out opposing coaches for saying ‘it’s better to not go to the SEC because it’s too tough’
- One of the Rolling Stones most beloved songs could’ve easily been about D’Andre Swift
- Solomon Kindley drafted by Miami Dolphins in 2020 NFL Draft fourth round
- Detroit Lions select D’Andre Swift in second round of 2020 NFL Draft
- On the clock: Jake Fromm still waiting entering 2020 NFL Draft fourth round
- Arkansas shares awesome video of Sam Pittman celebrating Andrew Thomas and Isaiah Wilson selections
- Rodrigo Blankenship: What to know about the 2020 NFL Draft prospect
- J.R. Reed: What to know about the 2020 NFL Draft prospect
- Social media strongly questions D’Andre Swift snub from first round of 2020 NFL Draft
- Tennessee Titans select Isaiah Wilson in first round of 2020 NFL Draft
- New York Giants select Andrew Thomas with the No. 4 pick in 2020 NFL Draft
- What social media is saying about Andrew Thomas being the top offensive tackle in 2020 NFL Draft