Georgia football jumps Florida in AP, Coaches Poll heading into final week of 2020 season
The Georgia Bulldogs delivered perhaps their best performance of the season on Saturday in a 49-14 win over the Missouri Tigers. Conversely, the Florida Gators had their worst effort of the season in a 37-34 loss to LSU.
Because of these results, the Bulldogs moved up in both the Coaches and AP Poll heading into the final week of the regular season. Georgia now sits at No. 9 in the Coaches Poll and No. 10 in the AP Poll.
Florida dropped to No. 11 in the Coaches Poll and No. 11 in the AP Poll. The top-5 in the Coaches Poll remained unchanged as Alabama sits at No. 1, Notre Dame is No. 2, Clemson is No. 3, Ohio State is No. 4 and Texas A&M is No. 5. The AP Poll was also unchanged, though it had Ohio State at No. 3 and Clemson at No. 4.
Georgia and Florida will both play this week, as the Bulldogs get a game against Vanderbilt. Florida meanwhile plays Alabama in the SEC championship game. Notre Dame and Clemson also face off this week in the ACC championship game.
Following the win over Missouri, Kirby Smart gave credit to his team for continuing to fight through the season.
“I’m proud of our team, proud of our seniors, proud of our leadership, proud of our staff, proud of our support staff,” Smart said. “These were really tough conditions to play in today and it goes to show that not everybody across the country loves football the that kids do, especially in our conference. They love it, they love it at Georgia, they love it on this team.”
The Georgia game against Vanderbilt is set for a 12 p.m. ET kickoff on Saturday. The SEC championship game will start at 8 p.m. and air on CBS.
You can see the full AP and Coaches Polls below. The College Football Playoff rankings will be released on Tuesday. Georgia sits at No. 9 in those rankings.
Week 15 Top 25 Coaches Poll 2020
2. Notre Dame
4. Ohio State
5. Texas A&M
8. Iowa State
12. Coastal Carolina
15. North Carolina
18. Louisiana Lafayette
22. Oklahoma State
23. NC State
25. San Jose State
Week 15 Top 25 AP Poll 2020
1. Alabama (10-0)
2. Notre Dame (10-0)
3. Ohio State (5-0)
4. Clemson (9-1)
5. Texas A&M (7-1)
6. Cincinnati (8-0)
7. Indiana (6-1)
8. Iowa State (8-2)
9. Coastal Carolina (11-0)
10. Georgia (7-2)
11. Florida (8-2)
12. Oklahoma (7-2)
13. USC (5-0)
14. Brigham Young (10-1)
15. Northwestern (6-1)
16. North Carolina (8-3)
17. Louisiana-Lafayette (9-1)
18. Iowa (6-2)
19. Miami (FL) (8-2)
20. Tulsa (6-1)
21. Texas (6-3)
22. Liberty (9-1)
23. Buffalo (5-0)
24. North Carolina State (8-3)
25. San Jose State (6-0)
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Social media thrilled with Georgia’s big win, Florida’s stunning loss
- JT Daniels: Jake Fromm has an ‘awesome’ opinion of Georgia’s new QB
- Georgia football report card: ‘Proud’ Kirby Smart credits practice juice and energy
- Kirby Smart knows the Georgia football offense still has greater potential after Missouri win
- WATCH: LSU shocks Florida 37-34, capitalizes on bizarre thrown shoe miscue
- WATCH: Georgia’s Eric Stokes sparked hot start in cold-weather win at Missouri
- Kirby Smart praises Darnell Washington: ‘You can never have enough good tight ends in the SEC’
- JT Daniels on Georgia offense: ‘That’s what it looks like with George 1-on-1’
- RECAP: Georgia beats Missouri 49-14, scores 35 unanswered points
- Georgia football instant observations following dominant win over Missouri