WATCH: SEC Shorts hilariously parodies Notre Dame injuries during Georgia game
At two different times on Saturday night, a Notre Dame defender went down while Georgia was attempting to play at an uptempo pace. Pretty quickly most seemed to realize that Notre Dame was deliberately going down as a way to try and slow down the pace.
Naturally, a lot of people are now making fun of Notre Dame on the internet because of this.
After a number of tweets seemed to show one Notre Dame defender drag down another and then later on a Fighting Irish player went down right next to Jake Fromm as he was lining up for a snap.
And the folks over at SEC Shorts had some fun at Notre Dame’s expense, as their latest video parodied how medical professionals were prepared for all the injuries during the game.
You can check it out below. It’s pretty funny.
After the game, Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm first offered a no comment on the tactics. Then after being pushed, a visibly annoyed Fromm followed with more detail.
“I don’t really know what was going on,” Fromm said in a frustrated tone. “We were trying to play football and try and play fast and they wouldn’t less us.”
On Sunday, Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly did say that first of the player who went down —Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah — went into concussion protocol, while the other —Asmar Bilal — was dealing with cramping.
“He was brought to the (medical) tent,” Kelly said on Sunday. “Hard to be booing at a young man who suffered an evaluation for a concussion. And quite honestly Georgia doesn’t play very fast, so I found that to be quite interesting that there would be a number of questions on a thing like that.”
The video also made a reference to the new red LED lights that were installed in Sanford Stadium. That one was the major talking points.
Notre Dame does have a game this week as they take on Virginia, while Georgia has an off week.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia football winners and losers after win over Notre Dame
- Georgia football dominates TV ratings, stays hot in Atlanta
- Georgia football steady in polls, SEC rolls on shakeup Saturday
- 3 takeaways from Georgia’s Notre Dame win, from Jake Fromm to fabulous fans
- WATCH Brian Kelly: ‘Physicality was real’ in 23-17 loss to Georgia
- WATCH Kirby Smart: Georgia ‘got tested’ in 23-17 win over Notre Dame
- Kirk Herbstreit leaves UGA out of his top 4 again, heavily praises Notre Dame
- Kirby Smart, Jake Fromm praise Georgia football fans for the best environment they’ve ever seen