Given the recent recruiting successes that Florida and Tennessee have seen, it goes us to thinking where some of Georgia’s top rivals are and where they might be a few seasons from now, while factoring in the stability with each program.
DawgNation’s Connor Riley took a look at some of Georgia’s biggest annual opponents and how they’re stacking up compared to both the Bulldogs and other foes.
The opponents discussed, as well as their current recruiting ranking.
- Tennessee: No. 2 recruiting class, head coach Jeremy Pruitt
- Clemson: No. 4 recruiting class, head coach Dabo Swinney
- Florida: No. 5 recruiting class, head coach Dan Mullen
- Auburn: No. 46 recruiting class, head coach Gus Malzahn
- South Carolina: No. 49 recruiting class, head coach Will Muschamp
- Alabama: No. 55 recruiting class, head coach Nick Saban
- Georgia Tech: No. 62 recruiting class, head coach Geoff Collins
Georgia at the moment has the No. 17 ranked recruiting class and is led by Kirby Smart. This coming season will be Smart’s fifth season in charge of the Georgia football program. The Bulldogs went 12-2 last season and have won the SEC East in each of the past three seasons.
We also spend time talking about Georgia quarterback Jamie Newman and what he might look like come this fall for the Georgia Bulldogs. Riley is live on the DawgNation Facebook and Youtube pages every Monday night at 7 p.m.
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- Georgia CB Tyson Campbell early pick in pair of 2021 NFL mock drafts
- The 2020 Georgia football freshman that could have an Andrew Thomas-type impact
- Georgia football recruiting: Linebacker is Bulldogs’ most important 2021 position
- BEFORE THE HEDGES: NFL Draft highlights future value for 5-star UGA target James Williams
- LOOK: Arguably greatest UGA back tattoo ever is revealed by former Bulldogs linebacker
- Georgia football podcast: UGA fans are amused by Tennessee recruiting hype
- WATCH: Return of college football critical to fans’ psyche and pocketbooks