Georgia football-South Carolina Week 7 game time, TV Network announced
This past weekend, Georgia coach Kirby Smart and Will Muschamp saw each other while visiting the high school of 5-star defensive end Jordan Burch. And on Sat. Oct 12, the two will see each other again as the No. 3 Bulldogs (4-0, 1-0) host Muschamp’s South Carolina Gamecocks (2-3, 1-2).
A game time and television network for the game was announced for the week 7 contest, as the game will kick off at 12 p.m. and will be broadcast on ESPN.
Georgia was off this past week while South Carolina picked up a 24-7 home win over Kentucky. The Gamecocks will have a bye week to prepare for the Bulldogs, while Georgia will travel to Tennessee to take on the Volunteers.
Since Smart and Muschamp took over their respective programs prior to the start of the 2016 season, Georgia has not lost to South Carolina. Last season, Georgia picked up a 41-17 road win. When this game was played in Sanford Stadium back in 2017, Georgia came away with a 24-10 victory over the Gamecocks.
Georgia has not lost to an SEC East team dating back to 2016, which came against Florida. The Bulldogs also have not lost a home since playing Georgia Tech on the final week of the 2016 season.
This will be Georgia’s first home game since the 23-17 win over Notre Dame back on Sept. 21. Georgia’s fan earned widespread acclaim for the environment they created in that win. Given that game was a night game, fans were able to light up Sanford Stadium, and Georgia was able to show off its new LED lights.
“Any time Georgia can show up like that… we’ve got to do that every game,” Georgia safety J.R. Reed said after the Notre Dame win. “Not just this one, but every time we’ve got a home game, it matters. If it’s at 12 or it’s at 9 in the morning, we need them to show out.”
Georgia’s game against Tennessee this week is set for a 7 p.m. ET kickoff on ESPN. Georgia has won each of its last two matchups against Tennessee.
Georgia football-South Carolina Week 7: Game Time, TV Network
Game Time: 12 p.m.
TV Network: ESPN
More Georgia football stories from around DawgNation
- A Few Good Men: Georgia struck gold with 3 pivotal transfers
- Measuring up: Examining Georgia’s offensive evolution, comparing past to current UGA teams
- Georgia punting, special teams scrutinized after shaky Notre Dame performances
- WATCH: Georgia DT Michael Barnett: Bulldogs ready for calm before storm
- Kirby Smart: Georgia football recruiters headed out of state with momentum
- Change atop college football polls, Georgia remains in chase
- ‘Beat-up’ Georgia football team heavy favorite over Tennessee in Knoxville
- Finebaum: Clemson is ‘not better than Georgia’
- Kendall Milton: 5-star commit sees how UGA can become the most dangerous offense in college football