ATHENS — For what it’s worth, from about 12 minutes of practice observation, here’s a few things of note:
- Defensive tackle John Atkins was missing in action during the media observation period. A projected starter, the 6-foot-4, 300-pound junior was not present in the early portion of practice. Atkins started three games last season.
- During pass skeleton work, receivers lined up in this order: Terry Godwin and Michael Chigbu with the first unit; Isaiah McKenzie and Riley Ridley with the second unit; and Reggie Davis and Kenneth Towns with the third unit. It should be noted that the Bulldogs typically utilize six in their rotation and often line up with three in a formation.
- Shaquery Wilson continues to be held out of drill work with the tailbacks. He was working on another field with strength and conditioning director Scott Sinclair.
- When outside linebacker coach Kevin Sherrer called for “the ones” to take reps on the blocking sled, Davin Bellamy, Lorenzo Carter and D’Andre Walker stepped into the drill.
- Defensive players Bellamy, Daquan Hawkins and Quincy Mauger will be available for post-practice interviews.
- Georgia will conduct its full-contact practice in full pads on Friday.