Good DawgNation morning. We can finally say this for Georgia football for the first time this week: It is a game week again. Glorified spring practice? Maybe.
DawgNation will still try to fill up Sanford Stadium for the 2 p.m. game on Saturday.
DawgNation has had a constantly-updated guest list up all week on its message board forum. There is also a recent picture of almost every big-name visitor that will be in town today.
Here’s a quick roll call of the major targets with offers who will be in town at this time for G-Day:
- 3 official visitors (Edited to add 5-star OT Paris Johnson Jr. and 4-star CB Jalen Kimber)
- Almost all of the signees from the 2019 class who will enroll in late May or early June
- At least six prospects with a 5-star rating
- 19 prospects who rate among the Top 10 prospects for their position (247Sports composite)
- 9 Top 100 prospects in the 2020 class
- 6 Top 100 prospects in the 2021 class
- 4 UGA commits for 2020
Georgia football: Check the G-Day recruiting visitor’s list
What does that list look like? The ratings specified are culled from the well-respected 247Sports Composite ratings.
This is a listing of the major prospects who hold a UGA offer from the classes of 2020, 2021 or 2022.
Please be advised this list will change. It always does. Usually for the better with this coaching staff.
5-star OT Broderick Jones is the highest-rated commitment for the Bulldogs in the class of 2020. (Jeff Sentell/DawgNation)
There is also one interesting minor story to follow in regard to the lone 5-star commit for the 2020 class. Lithonia OT Broderick Jones has not made final plans to attend the spring game as of yet. We’ll watch that issue as the week goes on.
That should in no way be seen at this time as any sort of falling out between Jones and the Bulldogs.
While we are on the subject of 5-star offensive tackles in this class, it seems like there’s a good amount of intrigue right now involving the legit chance of 5-star OT Paris Johnson making yet another trip down from Cincinnati for another visit.
This one would likely be an official visit. While the recruiting industry deems him to still be committed to Ohio State, it must be noted that Johnson committed to Urban Meyer when he was still leading that program.
Steve Specht coaches Johnson at St. Xavier High School. He shared this view of Johnson’s current situation with Cleveland.com recently.
“The way I look at it and the way I’ve always counseled my kids is decommitting is really irrelevant,” Specht told Cleveland.com during OSU’s annual coaching clinic before Saturday’s spring game. “You have a verbal contract with an institution and a coach. If that coach leaves, that contract no longer exists. So the reality is Urban Meyer retires, the rules changed. I think it’s smart for any young man to step back, don’t rush into it if the rules change.”
DawgNation will be also monitoring that development quite closely leading up to G-Day. As we’ve seen in the past, the Bulldogs usually pop up with at least one last-minute or covert 5-star recruit of some sorts at G-Day.
Johnson has taken a series of unofficial visits to SEC schools so far this calendar year, including at least two to UGA.
RELATED: Check out the latest DawgNation “freeze frame” on the 2020 class outlook
The 2020 UGA commits
- Carson Beck/4-star QB/Mandarin HS/Jacksonville, Fla. – No. 3 QB and No. 60 overall
- Jamil Burroughs/4-star DT/McEachern HS/Powder Springs, Ga. – No. 10 DT and No. 107 overall
- Nazir Stackhouse/4-star DT/Columbia HS/Decatur, Ga. — No. 22 DT and No. 214 overall
- Justin Robinson/4-star WR/ELCA/McDonough, Ga. — No. 63 WR and No. 331 overall
Georgia football 2020 targets
- Paris Johnson Jr./5-star OT/St. Xavier HS/Cincinnati, Oh. — No. 1 OT and No. 4 overall
- Arik Gilbert/5-star ATH/Marietta HS/Marietta, Ga. — No. 1 ATH and No. 11 overall
- Kelee Ringo/5-star CB/Saguaro HS/Scottsdale, Ariz. — No. 2 CB and No. 12 overall
- Mekhail Sherman/5-star OLB/St. John’s College/Washington, D.C. — No. 2 OLB and No. 13 overall*
- Kendall Milton/5-star RB/Buchanan/Clovis, Calif. — No. 2 RB and No. 15 overall
- Tate Ratledge/4-star OT/Darlington School/Rome, Ga. — No. 4 OT and No. 39 overall
- Cartavious “Tank” Bigsby/4-star RB/Callaway HS/Hogansville, Ga. — No. 8 RB and No. 47 overall
- Henry Gray/4-star CB/Miami Central/Miami, Fla. — No. 6 CB and No. 69 overall
- Zykeivous Walker/4-star SDE/Schley County/Ellaville, Ga. — No. 5 SDE and No. 98 overall
- Jalen Carter/4-star DT/Apopka HS/Apopka, Fla. — No. 12 DT and No. 114 overall
- Dwight McGlothern/4-star CB/Klein Oak HS/Spring, Tex. — No. 9 CB and No. 122 overall
- Mike Wyman/4-star WR/Dudley HS/Greensboro, NC — No. 24 WR and No. 139 overall
- B.J. Ojulari/4-star WDE/Marietta HS/Marietta, Ga. — No. 8 WDE and No. 143 overall
- Dazalin Worsham/4-star WR/Hewitt-Trussville HS/Trussville, Ala. — No. 35 WR and No. 198 overall
- Joel Williams/4-star ATH/Madison Prep/Baton Rouge, La. — No. 12 ATH and No. 207 overall
- Len’Neth Whitehead/4-star ILB/Athens Academy/Athens, Ga. — No. 7 ILB and No. 213 overall
- Jalen Kimber/4-star CB/Mansfield Timberview/Arlington, Tex. — No. 16 CB and No. 239 overall
- Theo Johnson/4-star TE/Holy Names, Windsor, ON — No. 5 TE and No. 243 overall
- Warren Brinson/4-star DT/IMG Academy/Bradenton, Fla. – No. 30 DT and No. 307 overall
- Kobe Pryor/3-star RB/Cedartown HS/Cedartown, Ga. — No. 55 RB and No. 728 overall
- Jared Zirkel/Unrated on composite/Tivy HS/Kerrville, Tex. — Hot prospect on KickingWorld.com
Georgia football Class of 2021 targets
- Amarius Mims/5-star OT/Bleckley County/Cochran, Ga. — No. 2 OT and No. 20 overall
- Micah Morris/4-star OT/Camden County/Kingsland, Ga. — No. 9 OT and No. 46 overall
- Cane Berrong/4-star TE/Hart County/Hartwell, Ga. –No. 1 TE and No. 59 overall
- David Daniel/4-star ATH/Woodstock/Woodstock, Ga. — No. 8 ATH and No. 64 overall
- Terrence Ferguson/4-star OT/Peach County/ Fort Valley, Ga. — No. 15 OT and No. 85 overall
- Lovasea Carroll/4-star ATH/Warren County/Warrenton, Ga. –No. 11 ATH and No. 102 overall
- Jayden Thomas/4-star WR/Pace Academy/Atlanta, Ga. — No. 18 WR and No. 123 overall
- Julian Nixon/4-star WR/Centennial HS/Roswell, Ga. — No. 22 WR and No. 130 overall
- Jaquez Smith/4-star WR/Hapeville Charter/Atlanta, Ga. — No. 24 WR and No. 142 overall
- Deion Colzie/4-star WR/Athens Academy/Athens, Ga. — No. 30 WR and No. 186 overall
- Kamar Wilcoxson/4-star/Stephenson/Stone Mountain, Ga. — No. 23 ATH and No. 232 overall
RELATED: Check out the first DawgNation early ready on the 2021 recruiting class
NOTE: This is by no means an official list. This is a collection of all the top prospects who have told DawgNation over the last week that they plan to be in Sanford Stadium for G-Day on April 20.
The travel plans of these young men and their families are very much subject to change. The forecast is likely to add another 10-15 other highly-rated recruits during the course of the week who hold Georgia offers this week. That is not even counting the targets who will be there who have yet to earn an offer from the Bulldogs.