This year’s Georgia football recruiting cycle has been stuck on pause for the longest time. The news and the trickles of information just really haven’t been there.
Well, except for the last week. DawgNation has seen a lot of sudden change for the 2021 class of late.
- 5-star CB Tony Grimes moved up his commitment date by some six months to June 30
- Grimes also recently announced his finalists
- Elite RB commit Lovasea Carroll reaffirmed his pledge to UGA after sharing publicly that he was closely considering a flip to Florida
- Elite pass rush target Dallas Turner also announced his five finalists and a new decision date for July 1
- Those two elite recruiting targets are among the highest priorities for 2021, but the online predictions from 247Sports and Rivals are both pointing to them not choosing Georgia
Grimes rates as the nation’s No. 1 CB prospect on the 247Sports Composite rankings scale. Turner ranks as the nation’s No. 2 weak-side DE target. Those should be seen as seismic pieces of news on the 2021 recruiting front.
Both Grimes and Turner have been fixtures among the top 5 targets for “Before the Hedges” each week.
Those moves certainly moved the needle this week, along with the expected NCAA extension of the longest recruiting dead period in college football.
— Inside the NCAA (@InsidetheNCAA) June 25, 2020
We dove into those decisions this week and what that could potentially mean for the Bulldogs. Check out this week’s episode in the featured video slot above and in the embedded posts below.
(the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Xavier Worthy: Can the speed demon WR be the next link in the California-UGA pipeline?
- Elite OLB Dallas Turner announces finalists and rapidly-approaching decision day
- Checking in on the four biggest Georgia football recruiting storylines at this time
- Why Malcolm “The Jet” Johnson Jr. and his 10.38 speed is giving UGA a good look
- Georgia RB commit Lovasea’ Carroll shuts down all talk of a Florida flip
- Tony Grimes: The nation’s No. 1 CB prospect rapidly moves up his decision date
- 5-star ATH James Williams changes things up a bit with his new top 2
- WATCH: The Chaz Chambliss edit that caught everyone’s attention this week
- Tony Grimes: It appears a decision has been made on his potential reclassification
- Derrick LeBlanc: Georgia extends “dream school” offer to a sophomore with elite size
- HEDGES: Who’s the best QB on the board in the class of 2022?
- MJ Morris: New Georgia coordinator Todd Monken has made him a priority
- WATCH: Georgia commit Chaz Chambliss shows he has a bright future at OLB