ATHENS — There was more respect for the specs on Saturday.
The Indianapolis Colts kept Rodrigo Blankenship on their roster, indicating he had won the kicking competition with Chase McClaughlin, who was released.
Blankenship was a fan-favorite with the Bulldogs, converting all 200 of his extra-point attempts, 80 of 97 field goals and booming kickoffs into the end zone.
Blankenship made the team as a free-agent, but several of his other former Georgia teammates who went undrafted were not as fortunate, many big names among them including former captain J.R. Reed and receiver Lawrence Cager.
All of the Georgia players who were selected in the 2020 NFL Draft made their respective rosters, including Tae Crowder, the so-called “Mr. Irrelevant, who was the very last pick
The list of Georgia players drafted who made their team’s 53-man roster:
• Andrew Thomas, New York Giants
• Isaiah Wilson, Tennessee Titans
• D’Andre Swift, Detroit Lions
• Solomon Kindley, Miami Dolphins
• Charlie Woerner, San Francisco 49ers
• Tae Crowder, New York Giants
Crowder earned a spot on the New York Giants’ 53-man roster, joining former teammate Thomas, who was the franchise’s first round selection with the fourth overall pick.
The players who were cut now wait and hope they can make a 16-man practice squad for one of the NFL’s 32 teams.
Here is a list of former Georgia players who were cut on Saturday:
• J.R. Reed, Jacksonville Jaguars
• Lawrence Cager, New York Jets
• Nick Moore, Baltimore Ravens (2019)
• Eli Wolf, Baltimore Ravens
• Tyler Simmons, Houston Texans
• Terry Godwin, Jacksonville Jaguars (2019)
• D’Andre Walker, Tennessee Titans (2019)
• Elijah Holyfield, Philadelphia Eagles (2019)
• Isaac Nauta, Detroit Lions (2019)
• Natrez Patrick, L.A. Rams (2019)
• Tyrique McGhee, L.A. Rams
• Brian Herrien, Cleveland Browns
Georgia football rookies in NFL
Georgia football veterans in NFL