Based on Twitter reactions, this was an odd sight to see for UGA fans on Friday morning.
Mark Richt, who was fired as coach of the Bulldogs less than a week ago, did “the U” sign after being named as Miami’s coach on Friday.
Richt also said something about the Miami gig that he often said when he was employed at UGA: “My goal and my wife’s goal is to be at the University of Miami until I retire … my goal is to make this home.”
- Mark Richt says he won’t avoid recruiting UGA’s football commits
- Seth Emerson reveiws highlights of Mark Richt’s press conference at Miami
- Proud Miami booster: “Georgia allowed Mark Richt to come back here”
- Miami legend Vinny Testaverde: “There’s no better role model for my son than Mark Richt”
- Miami AD felt like he had to “act quickly” on Mark Richt hire
- This looks weird: Mark Richt does “The U” sign at Miami