Details scarce on accident that claimed lives of Georgia football program members Devin Willock, Chandler LeCroy
ATHENS — Details remain scarce on the single-vehicle accident claiming the lives Devin Willock and Chandler LeCroy early Sunday morning.
The 2021 Ford Expedition being driven by LeCroy left the Barnett Shoals roadway at approximately 2:45 a.m. while traveling southbound in the outside lane, per the initial report, and struck two power poles and several trees.
The 20-year-old Willock, a projected offensive line starter on next year’s Bulldogs’ football team, died at the scene.
LeCroy, a 24-year-old recruiting staff member, died as a result of her injuries after being rushed to a local hospital.
RELATED: Georgia releases statement on tragic accident involving players, staff members
Georgia recruiting staff member Tory Bowles (26) and UGA lineman Warren McClendon (21) also were in the vehicle.
Bowles sustained “serious injuries,” per the report. She is in stable condition per a statement from the UGA Athletic Association.
Warren McClendon reportedly suffered minor injuries and has been released from the hospital.
- Kirby Smart’s Georgia football recruiting strategy, like picking strawberries
- Kirby Smart discusses new Georgia track and field facility, importance of addition of grass practice field
- ESPN computers catch up with Georgia, Bulldogs’ schedule eclipses other CFP teams
- Georgia A.D. Josh Brooks receives raise and extension after Top 10 Learfield Cup standing, fundraising records
- Georgia president, athletic director address football player driving arrests, trust Kirby Smart