Georgia football recruiting: Another monumentally mammoth list of elite recruits in town for Kentucky
Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This entry shares an expected list of official and unofficial visitors expected at the game for Saturday’s top 20 clash against Kentucky.
Luther Burden III will be at UGA for a key official visit today. The East St. Louis (East St. Louis, Ill.) Flyer ranks as the nation’s No. 2 WR and the No. 6 overall prospect on the 247Sports Composite ratings for 2022.
He is set to make his decision between Georgia and Missouri on Oct. 19. The Bulldogs have earned the last visit before that decision for Burden.
If Burden was to sign with UGA, he would become the highest-ranked receiver prospect to sign with the Bulldogs in the modern era of college football recruiting. AJ Green, yes that AJ Green, still holds a higher composite ranking than Burden. That’s said, we must note that Green was the nation’s No. 7 overall prospect was back in 2008.
We feel those three paragraphs do cover the significance of today’s visit. Want to know everything there is to know about Burden? Check out the DawgNation deep dive we put together from taking a weekend trip to see him in action a few weeks back.
It offers one of the most compelling storylines we’ve profiled in this space for DawgNation.
The other 5-star official visitor in town for today will be Hardaway High senior DL Mykel Williams. Williams, who is still publicly committed to USC, is the nation’s No. 5 DL and the No. 29 overall prospect for 2022.
The 6-foot-5, 245-pounder is seen as an early pass-rush specialist in college football. He had 17.5 sacks a year ago as a junior and was already up to a dozen sacks at the beginning of the month. Williams does a lot of everything for his Hardaway team, including blocking and catching passes as a tight end on offense.
Jordan James, a 2022 RB commit, is also in town on an official visit. The Oakland High standout (Murfreesboro, Tenn.) ranks as the nation’s No. 16 RB and the No. 183 overall prospect for this cycle, too.
While all the focus will likely go to Burden and Wiliams as the 5-star seniors, we must also stress that UGA is getting a key unofficial visit today from 2023 5-star CB AJ Harris of Alabama.
Harris was the prospect that NFL first-round pick Jaycee Horn told us over the summer about. Horn said that his occasional training partner was already good enough to play in the SEC in the summer prior to his junior season.
The Glenwood School standout is also scheduled to make his college commitment decision on January 11, 2020. Harris ranks as the nation’s No. 3 CB and the No. 13 overall prospect in his class.
If that’s not enough intrigue, there’s the second consecutive home game visit for 5-star junior Lebbeus “LT” Overton will also pops off the anticipated guest list for today, too. Overton, a stalwart for Milton High in the North Atlanta metro area, currently ranks as the nation’s No. 2 overall recruit for the 2023 cycle.
Did you know the weekly DawgNation.com “Before the Hedges” program is available as an Apple podcast? Click to check it out and download it.
Georgia football recruiting: Unofficial and official visits for Kentucky
Have you subscribed to the DawgNation YouTube channel yet? If so, you will be able to see special 1-on-1 content with UGA names like Jake Fromm, Gunner Stockon and Brock Vandagriff here.
(check on the recent reads on DawgNation.com)
- Oscar Delp: The meeting of all meetings that helped seal his commitment
- BREAKING: Oscar Delp, the nation’s No. 3 TE, commits to UGA
- Ladd McConkey: Where would he be now if not for that very late UGA offer?
- Adam Anderson: He’s bigger, older and wiser, but he still plays for his Angel
- Georgia QB commit Gunner Stockton smashes a state record held by Deshaun Watson
- 5-star do-it-all defender Shemar Stewart recaps another “great” trip to UGA
- Luther Burden III: A 5-star’s burden that goes beyond choosing to commit to Georgia or Mizzou
- Mykell Williams: What the 5-star DL thought on his front-row VIP treatment at UGA
- Big Bear Alexander: Why the 5-star DT “couldn’t have been more fired up” to be in Athens
- Nation’s No. 1 overall prospect Travis Hunter is a surprise visitor at Arkansas
- Cooper Manning weighs in on Georgia’s recruitment of his 5-star son Arch Manning
- Elite 2023 cornerback prospect Kayin Lee has made his college decision
- Christen Miller: Georgia has really moved the needle of late with the All-American DT
- Luther Burden: The nation’s No. 2 WR on two upcoming visits and a rescheduled commitment day
- WATCH: Top 100 OT prospect Johnathan “Bo” Hughley breaks down why he committed to UGA
- 5-star DT prospect Big Bear Alexander moves from Texas to play his senior season at IMG Academy
- 5-star junior cornerback AJ Harris has a final 7 with a commitment date in mind