Georgia basketball dunks South Carolina State 76-60
ATHENS — Georgia basketball was off and running on Tuesday night, sprinting out to a 13-4 lead over South Carolina at Stegeman Coliseum.
The Bulldogs (2-1) were in command throughout en route to the 76-60 win over South Carolina State (0-5), recording their highest point total of the season.
Coach Tom Crean liked seeing Oquendo have the breakthrough, asserting himself offensively and defensively, UGA holding a 22-7 advantage on points off turnovers.
“There’s no question he’s got a lot of tools and a lot of talent in there,” Crean said. “He came out tonight with an aggressive mindset and had 11 deflections.
“We are trying to teach him what he’s capable of when he attacks the rim.”
Braelen Bridges, the 6-11 redshirt senior transfer from UIC, had 15 points and 8 rebounds as Georgia controlled the boards, 36-33.
The Bulldogs return to action at 9 p.m. on Friday against Georgia Tech.
- Georgia basketball comeback falls short in season-ending SEC tourney loss to LSU
- Pair of last-minute calls sink Georgia basketball, 61-55 at South Carolina
- Georgia basketball comeback bid falls short in 77-67 loss to Florida
- Georgia basketball can’t keep up with Missouri in 85-63 loss
- Georgia basketball falls behind electric Arkansas offense early in 97-65 loss